Stayed there over the Moon Festival weekend (sept 12). We were 2 families with altogether 4 young kids.
Very nice hotel located on a huge property that includes an organic farm that provides for the hotel, kid club, fishing pond and cycling path along the Yangsheng lake.
- we had the deluxe room
- really big and beautiful with all amenities. Bathtub has a huge window where you can look outside. Big closet where you can put all your stuff.
- big floor to ceiling windows.
- bed is really comfortable.
- they have nice baby cots/playpen with 2 levels but beware that they are more suitable for babies than a toddler (a small 3 year old could hardly fit in it as it was not long enough)
- only 2 restaurants. International or Chinese.
- Chinese restaurant a bit pricey but extensive menu and really tasty food. Service is slow though. Possibilty to eat in the outside courtyard.
- International restaurant offers a buffet lunch and dinner. A bit disappointed by the poor western selection. They seem to cater more to Asian tastes with sushi, a lot of fried items or stir-fried. Possibility to eat outside by the pool
- buffet breakfast was good and had an extensive selection.
- because you're far from the city unless you hire a taxi you won't be able to eat anywhere else.
- the outdoor pool is small but suitable for kids. We did not go to the indoor pool nor the fitness center.
- outdoor kid's playground is quite big and surrounded by a sand pit.
- international restaurant has a big kid's playground with TV screen at the back so it's really nice to enjoy a meal while the kids play.
- it was a very busy weekend. Staff was very nice but clearly a bit overwhelmed.
- food was slow to arrive. I wish the staff would have told me that some dishes - though excellent - take ages to cook.
- plenty of things to do. Most of them very child friendly.
- You can rent bikes and ask the concierge for cycling paths. They have a very popular 2-seat bike where you can attach a chariot with 2 kids in it. They loved it ! Unfortunately they only have two 2-seat chariot and two 1-seat chariot. So it became quite tough to reserve them as they are very popular among families. Don't know why they don't get more as clearly half of the hotel guests were with kids. The other half attending meetings. They also have a few kid's bike but I haven't seen any baby seat.
- you can go fishing, pick vegetables/fruits at the organic farm...
- the kid club has many activities.
Note : Check-in time is 3pm. Check-out time is 4pm. Meaning that if you arrive earlier you will likely have to wait until a room is empty. We arrived in the morning and already 6 people were waiting. A lot of people showed up around noon time for check-in and were pretty upset that they coul not get a room right away.
If you book directly with them you can get some very good deals. After discussions we got bigger rooms and breakfast included.
Overall a perfect place to stay for a couple of days. Away from the Kunshan city so it's quiet, safe for cycling and very relaxing to be surrounded by nature. I was surely go back again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled along the shores of the legendary Yangcheng Lake, home to the sought-after hairy crab, Fairmont Yangcheng Lake is a luxury five star Kunshan resort unlike any other. Beyond our resort’s accommodations, guests will discover a city rich in history. Not only is it the birthplace of Kun Opera, the oldest form of Chinese opera, but the region is also home to the Zhou Zhuang Water Village, Kunshan Forest Park and Tinglin Park – all of which offer unique ways to connect with the culture – and the people – of China. With our location we are easily accessible to Suzhou attractions as well, a neighbourhood just west of Shanghai. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Prestigia, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Fairmont Yangcheng Lake reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Yangcheng Lake Hotel Kunshan