“Not back to par”

Price range: US$ 7 - US$ 30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Liberty Oak Restaurant and Bar is a family owned restaurant operated by Chef Kristofer W Reid. Liberty Oak has been providing great tasting, innovative American cuisine with top notch service for over 35 years. It is located in the heart of downtown Greensboro with a convenient parking deck beside it. We are recognized as one of the city's favorite gathering spots. We occupy Greensboro's oldest commercial building (circa 1883), complete with a historic tin ceiling and original oak wood floors accentuated with photos of historic Greensboro. Longtime food critic John Bachelor cited Liberty Oak as "The restaurant that started it all for Greensboro" by being the first to offer innovative, freshly prepared and moderately priced American cuisine. Named by Southern Living Magazine as one of the top "204 food finds in the south in the "uptown foods" category. We offer a full bar, patio seating, Saturday brunch, and a space for private parties. We now offer catering! Call for resevations.
Reviewed 27 July 2017

Under new ownership/management, but Liberty Oak has a long way to go to get back to it's former self. We were disappointed in the service and food.

Service was perfunctory. Food was over-salty and just not great.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 19 July 2017

Went for lunch, enjoyed the Sargent Pepper sandwich and it was true to its past. Very tasty and with the Pesto Pasta Salad it is devine. The wines are good as well they have a cute bar and they also offer outside dining when the weather permits.

Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

Talk about customer service, this place has it in spades! From the man who welcomed us in, to the gal behind the bar, and to one of the best waitresses I've encountered, will definitely be back. I wish I could remember her name, but she was very pleasant and welcoming to the point you felt like an old friend. We ordered the Georgia burgers ad fries and they were so good!! Highly recommend a stop here.

Reviewed 7 July 2017

Tried this place for dinner with fellow business colleagues. This is pricier dinning for the amount and quality. I had a steak with blackened asparagus and mashed sweet potatoes. The steak had too much gristle, not enough meat, the asparagus was spicy hot (yes I did mean spicy hot) and the sweet potatoes had no appeal. Well over $100 for a dinner for 4 and not much to show for it. Skip this place. You'll find much better in downtown Greensboro.

Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

Last weekend I stopped in on a complete whim while waiting on a delayed flight. Id been for lunch before and enjoyed it but didn't rave about it. I realized that of all the times I eat out, I rarely ever converse with the staff. I realized this bc I had a really interesting and funny conversation with Peter. I give this place 5 stars and would give more for one reason. -A good enough mixture of ambiance, good cocktails, good food and good staff turned a would-be quick stop for one drink turned into a full-night with several drinks, dinner, more drinks, and a return trip almost immediately. Congrats to the new owners new! This will be a new regular spot! Lovin what y'all are doin!