“Consistently wonderful experience” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Green Valley Grill

Green Valley Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Green Valley Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 885 Restaurants in Greensboro
Price range: US$ 30 - US$ 40
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Friendly Avenue & Benjamin Parkway
Description: Visit us and enjoy informally elegant dining and seasonal food using old-world European culinary sensibilities and flavors from areas such as the Tuscan area of Italy or the Provence region of France. Our wine list receives the Wine Spectator Award of Excellence each year and features 50 wines by the glass. Have your own private wine tasting with our Wine Flights. The freshest food prepared by a passionate team, and served by friendly and competent people, is a recipe for a great dining experience. When you add an eclectic decor and dining alfresco in our Courtyard, you will imagine that you have traveled farther than you did. We welcome you to dine with us seven days a week for lunch, dinner, or late night. Adjacent to the O.Henry Hotel.
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Consistently wonderful experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

My husband and I have had nothing but superior experiences here. It is our favorite Greensboro restaurant.

We first tried it when he had just passed the Bar and finished law school, and when I called to make reservations I mentioned this to the girl in passing. Well, on our arrival, it turns out "the girl" was a manager and she greeted us personally and welcomed us to the restaurant. At the end of our delicious meal (my father and his girlfriend were with us, and all 4 meals were absolutely fantastic - I know because I sampled them all :), a complimentary dessert sampler was given to us (all the desserts were to die for!) to celebrate my husband passing the Bar. We thought that was so nice of them!!

All of our other experiences here have been wonderful as well, and I have never tasted anything off the menu that I didn't really enjoy. The pecan-crusted chicken with goat cheese is one of my favorites, and the steaks are great as well. I love that you can also order small plates or appetizers if you don't want to spend a lot, and you still leave feeling full.

Another big plus is the great atmosphere. The restaurant is in the first floor of a large hotel, and the room is HUGE with extremely tall ceilings. Exposed brick and wood beams, international flags, tall booths - it's just a cool experience. In addition, they have a great outdoor seating area as well - probably one of the best outdoor dining areas in Greensboro, since so many of them tend to overlook parking lots. This one is very green!! :) In or out would be great for a romantic date night or evening with friends (probably not the best place for young kids, but I'm sure they would accomodate families well).

We will definitely be returning here again and again, and highly recommend it to everybody!

• Visited February 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

North Carolina
“Always Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2012

Lunch and dinner experiences have been wonderful. Service is always good.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Good food, feels like a chain”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2012

The food is very good. The menu has something for everyone from upscale to comfort food. My husband and I both had fish dishes that were prepared perfectly. The space is large with high ceilings, booths, exposed brick and wood. It feels cavernous. Our server seemed a little distracted but friendly. I don't have any complaints but I can't say I have any raves either.

• Visited April 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best atmosphere in Greensboro”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2012

Great food, great atmosphere and service. Reservations required. High Tea on Sundays is not to be missed.

Greensboro, NC
“Very large”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

Food is not the best but the place is huge for large gatherings/parties. Too grand and tacky for my taste but good service. It's overall a good place to check out at least once.