“Fun, casual, great food”
Review of 1618 Midtown

1618 Midtown
Ranked #98 of 992 Restaurants in Greensboro
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: A name is but a name, or is it? It's a question the proprietors of 1618 Wine Lounge, newly renamed 1618 Midtown, have contemplated for several years. The establishment opened in 2011 in the Irving Park Plaza as a 38-seat lounge and bar, serving artisan cocktails, craft beers and wine. "In the beginning, we were mainly an after-work spot, with patrons enjoying cocktails through the early evening," said co-proprietor Nick Wilson. Through the years, the Wine Lounge evolved into much more than a place to hang out and enjoy a glass of wine and appetizers with friends. With customers' desires for an expanded menu growing, major renovations began in 2013, adding a 28-seat semi-private dining room to the back of the restaurant and a full kitchen, increasing the restaurant's capacity to create a wider menu.
Reviewed 4 January 2018 via mobile

This is a fun-small place to meet friends or have a date!—yet they can section for a large party in the back. Drink and wine selection wide and well with premiums. Chef specials are generally chosen by someone with us but regular menu will satisfy most. Reservations suggested!

Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

Having visited 1618 when it was a wine bar and recently enjoyed their downtown location, I was excited to try Midtown. It has the same class and ambiance as their wine bar along with a relaxed vibe.

My husband and I ate their burgers after our yummy, crispy broccolini (with garlic and parmesan). We each tried a different one (the Texan and Californian). Both had delicious meat from Summerfield Farms. The other best part was the pretzel bun.

Next time we will leave room for dessert if we can! :) Thank you for great service, too. Looking forward to pumpkin slushes this fall.

1  Thank SpecialKNR
Reviewed 15 August 2017

I brought my 20 year old nephew for dinner while I was in town. Everything was excellent, from being given walking directions from my hotel, to the strawberry and white balsamic salad (which they split onto two plates for us), to the crispy broccolini, to the shrimp scampi and grilled grouper, to the peaches and cream torte, Every dish was perfectly sized, artfully presented, and delicious. The atmosphere was just right for the two of us to sit and get caught up and the waitstaff was friendly and personable. I highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 24 April 2017 via mobile

Great seafood! Small bites to share. We ordered tuna tartar and some appetizers and everything was delicious. Great wine and cocktails selection.

Reviewed 5 February 2017

One of the best "hot spots" in Greensboro. Stacey and her crew are always welcoming and the bar and menu are one of the very best in the Triad. I have hosted many fundraisers and charity events here as well and they could not be more accommodating. Love love the 1618 family!