Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
Science within reach

There is always something new to see. Small enough to be able to get close up to the exhibits... read more

Reviewed yesterday
carsonrinc99
Greensboro, North Carolina
Awesome, especially for price!

I recently went with a friend and her 11 and 14yr old daughters. They are members and had been a... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
Seth326
Charlotte, North Carolina
via mobile

1,189 results
All reviews petting zoo all ages zoo area red panda headed turtle human body fishing cat touch tank animal exhibits nc zoo day trip ropes course annual membership new addition any age children and adults great place for kids
Reviewed 25 February 2014

My favorites were the Javan gibbons, the penguins, the anteater, and the fishing cat. They also had an interesting weather exhibit. Small children have to be watched as the outdoor animal exhibits are up close and personal.

1  Thank Docky B
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Loved going here on our trip to Greensboro!! Encourage everyone to go! Our daughter loved all the animals, but especially those in the petting area.

2  Thank Joshkulp
Reviewed 7 February 2014

For me, the most fascinating things were the cats. In the aquarium, the fishing cat was a twenty pound mass of muscle and nasty. He appeared highly agitated as he circled, and he looked like he could make short work of creatures many times his size. Outside, in the zoo, two tigers let all onlookers know that no living creature would last more than a few seconds on their side of the fence. Of course, there were plenty of cute and cuddly creatures, as well. This was a great way to spend a couple of hours. Craig Herberg

1  Thank Craig_Herberg
Reviewed 3 February 2014 via mobile

this was my second visit to the Greensboro Science Center aquarium Zoological Park! I loved it the first time I came last summer and I loved it even more this time with the addition of the sciQuarium!!!!! unlike other reviews I did not notice any strong odors in the sciQuarium. Maybe my smelling senses are not as strong as other peoples but I was not bothered by it at all. Yes the sciQuarium is small compared to other aquariums I've been to but still there was plenty to see so I have no complaints for any of you about my experience. for the money which was only $12.50 you get to see the zoo animals, the aquarium animals, the Science Center. I highly recommend this place for the young kids the middle aged kids and adults!!!

Reviewed 24 January 2014

Went to see the new traveling exhibit, Sue the T. Rex. I was a little disappointed-thought the exhibit would include more items than it did. A replicate of the original skeleton is on display-a model of the skull that you can view close up. There is additional story boards about her muscle structure and a "dig" created for the kids to dig up bones. Overall it is interesting, but lacking. Once you purchase a wristband you can save one dollar on the show " Waking the T-Rex " This short movie talks about finding Sue and how the recovery of the skeleton was done.

The price including visiting the Sue exhibit is $18.50 for an adult -children (3-13) $17.50. If you are just visiting the Science center subtract $6.

The other center exhibits, tigers, wolves and the outside animals are all still there. Some re-arranging of exhibits have been made inside.

With the remodel the Science center has added a café that is managed by The Fresh Market. we had lunch there and the food was good and reasonably priced. A individual cheese pizza was $ 4 and a panini was $6.

The Greensboro Science center is a nice way to spend an afternoon-but the admission price has gone up so much it is no longer a reasonable priced activity. Admission for two individuals $37.00-lunch $13.00 and a souvenir $6.00= $56.00

Date of experience: January 2014