“Great Food and Beignets”

NOLA Seafood & Steakhouse
Ranked #235 of 945 Restaurants in Greensboro
Reviewed 6 April 2018

I loved the crabcakes. A lot of tender meat, great seasoning and not too much filler. My son and husband had varied seafood platters and loved everything they ate.
For me the highlight was the beignets, delicious!

Reviewed 1 April 2018

My wife and I stopped at NOLA for dinner on our way to the airport. We were seated immediately. The menu has a nice variety of Cajun/creole food. The fried pickles were very good and my wife enjoyed the jambalaya. I had crawfish etouffee. There were plenty of crawfish but the sauce was bland.

Our server was very nice but she was slow. She disappeared several times, particularly when we were waiting for our check.

With a few adjustments, this could be an excellent restaurant.

Reviewed 4 March 2018

We had a group of 9 for a family dinner last Saturday, 02/24/18. We had made reservations on Monday, 02/19/18 at 6pm. When we arrived on 02/24/18, we were told that they didn't have a reservation for us and that because we were a large party, the wait for a table would be 1 hour. After waiting for 1 hour and 40 minutes later, we were finally seated. We ordered appetizers but it took quite a while for the food to arrive and when it did arrive, the order was not correct. Additionally, 1 of the chicken wings was pink/bloody looking on the inside. The waitress was inattentive (not filling refills, etc.). Most of our food was good the fries were cold and the crab cake was mostly breading and was not tasty. The catfish was good (grilled and fried).

The straw that broke the camel's back was at the end of service, when it was time to get our checks (which were all separate), the waitress caught an attitude with me for no reason. I thought she was giving my mother a check inaccurately and she responded in a very rude manner. From that point on, whenever she returned to our table, she looked at me rudely and with a look of disgust. The worst part was that because our party was large, she still got an 18% tip even though she did not earn it.

So we arrived at the restaurant at 6pm, were seated at 7:40pm and didn't get our checks handled until 9:15pm.

The pros: The manager comped our appetizers because of the mix up in the reservations. The manager stated that although Saturdays are the busiest days, this day was busier than normal. Lucky us.

Needless to say, none of us will be returning to this restaurant.

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

The gator bites were phenomenal! Cooked to perfection, lightly breaded, melt in your mouth goodness! Not greasy at all! The blackened salmon, again, perfectly cooked, served with homemade mashed potatoes, my mouth is watering just thinking about It! One word "Beignets" get them, if you don't, you will regret it! Best place I have eaten in Greensboro for quite some time!! Highly recommend!! Will be going back tomorrow!!

Reviewed 3 March 2018

We have enjoyed a weekly meal at NOLA, and we love their seafood and steaks. My wife tried their chicken stir fry, and was very happy with her choice. Try the peel-n-eat shrimp, fried oysters and don’t forget the beneits.