Grandover Resort , Golf, Spa & Conference Center
US$ 81
Proximity Hotel(Greensboro)
US$ 273
US$ 253
All reviewsplay golfpro shopgreat resortround of golflobby barmain restaurantroom servicehot tubbeautiful propertywet barhigh pointnorth carolinaditennisrelaxationroberetreat
Reviewed 10 April 2012

My wife and I stayed at Grandover during Easter weekend. It was a fabulous experience from the moment we got there until we departed. We took advantage of the spa for a couples massage and enjoyed a wonderful dinner (ask for Bryson as your server - he is the best!) and expansive breakfast buffet. Our room on the 11th floor overlooked Grandover's two championship golf courses, and we had a clear view of Pilot Mountain, which is 40-50 miles away.

Every staff member we met went out of his/her way to ensure our stay was everything we wanted it to be. If you are traveling to the Greensboro/Triad area of NC, Grandover should be your destination!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Patrick E
Reviewed 4 April 2012

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our 2 evening stay at the Grandover. The staff were extremely helpful with directions and printed maps to local attractions and restaurants. The holiday decorations were wonderful and from our room on the 11th floor, everything was so quiet and peaceful. The room and bath were very clean. My only critique was that the bar area, refrigerator and bathroom were starting to show some wear and tear. We look forward to another stay at the Grandover!

Room Tip: Check-in is a little late--4pm and they are very strict about not allowing early check-in.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Thomas0511
Reviewed 3 April 2012

This is one of the most beautiful hotels I have ever had the pleasure of staying at. ThE lobby is incredible. The rooms are large and comfortable (giant screen tv, soaker tub, etc). The food in the restaurant was surprisingly excellent. But the place was empty (I mean really empty, I was the only person having dinner in the restaurant and saw only two other guests in what is a huge hotel). As a result, the staff is really sloppy. I waited at the front desk for four or five minutes while the clerk took a personal call. At the bar (I was the only customer) the two bartenders were too busy talking to each other to talk to me or offe me another drink. An assistant manager sent me to a gift shop by the pro shop that was closed (at 6:30 pm on a Monday night, there was no place to buy a tube of toothpaste). This is a seriously great place for a meeting if it is full. If its not, the place is a disaster.

Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Hewesema
Reviewed 22 March 2012

I stayed at the Grandover for one night in March 2012. The hotel is well-staffed and communicates a desire to fulfill your every need. My room was well-appointed and the bed comfortable. The only thing I missed was taking advantage of the HUGE tub! If I had known that it was deep and wide, I may have taken a bubble bath. In fact, they should provide bubble bath with the soap. My only complaints were the iron was old and didn't perform well, the alarm clock was old, and the television needs updating. These are easily overlooked, but something to bring with you if you need them.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank clearandsunny
Reviewed 20 March 2012

This is a beautiful hotel. You did not see a lot of staff walking around which I think is a good thing. It is a BIG hotel. The view outside of our room was pretty and would have been a lot nicer if the fairways were in the shape they will be in about 1-2 months from now. It is not close to anything but I always wanted to stay here so my wife and I stayed her for the NCAA tournament. We did not eat at the hotel. The wife enjoyed a day at the spa but spa was not all that impressive. I would love to play golf here but was not able to this stay. Hopefully I will be able to play there one day.

I put the service as average just because we really did not spend a lot of time here due to the fact we were gone most of the time we stayed there. The employees we encountered were very nice. The location is average b/c it was a little difficult to get to but you were within 15-25 min of a lot of places in Greensboro and about 5-10 minutes of Furnitureland South in Jamestown. This is a must see place if you are looking for funriture.

The grounds and interior of the hotel were beautiful. My wife loved the large chairs in the lobby. The room was a nice size and was very quiet. The bed was nice and the shower was really big. I am 6'5" and it is difficult to find a shower I can stand under. I had no problem doing it in this shower. The tub was deep also.

The UNC men's basketball team stayed here during the entire stay of the NCAA tournament in Greensboro and the hotel staff did not try and keep you from them. I got picture with two of the players and got pics of almost all of the players. I think they stay here any time they play in greensboro. If you are a fan of UNC and plan on going to the ACC tournament in the next 3-4 years it may be a safe bet to try and book a room here b/c there is a good chance that UNC will stay here.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 1124 and the view is pretty. You def want to get a golf course view room.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple