Stayed for 2 nights with my husband and children in April 2012. The room was all right, it was clean and comfortable. Our reservation didn't come with breakfast, so we paid for it separately on our first morning there. The breakfast buffet cost $9.99 and the kids ate free (as in all Holiday Inn hotels), but the breakfast wasn't good--we would've been better off buying coffee and pastries at a Starbucks. If you're doing a lot of sightseeing in DC (about 20 minutes from the hotel) and don't expect to be in your hotel except to sleep, it's a good value for the price.
One thing I didn't like though: on the morning of our check-out, we heard a loud and insistent knocking on our door at 8 a.m. My husband opened the door and somebody from the hotel said that they routinely knocked on doors of rooms if the people were going to check out. We found this unreasonable; we would have asked for a wake-up call if we had needed it. It was also completely unnecessary, considering that check-out time was at noon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Washington, DC / Greenbelt completes multi-million dollar renovation! The newly renovated Holiday Inn Washington, DC / Greenbelt is a full-service hotel conveniently located near many government and corporate offices: NASA, Verizon, IRS, FDA, USDA, Lockheed Martin, the University of Maryland in College Park, and New Carrollton Amtrak and Greenbelt Metro stations are within 5 miles. Corporate guests will appreciate the free high-speed Internet, and fitness center. Leisure travelers staying at the Greenbelt hotel will enjoy visiting Six Flags America and the Greenway Center Shopping Center, plus the many attractions in nearby Washington, DC, Baltimore, and Annapolis. Sports enthusiasts will be convenient to FedEx Field - Washington Redskins, RFK Stadium - Washington Nationals and DC United, Verizon Center - Capitals, Wizards, and Mystics. At the newly renovated Holiday Inn Washington DC/Greenbelt, our service is outstanding and our accommodations are superb. Kids Eat Free in Willy K's, our comfortable and recently renovated restaurant and lounge. The Holiday Inn Washington, DC/Greenbelt offers two meeting rooms and is located adjacent to the Martin's Crosswinds Catering Facility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com and IHG so you can book your Holiday Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Washington Dc / Greenbelt Md Hotel Greenbelt
- Holiday Inn Greenbelt Nasa
- Greenbelt Holiday Inn