All reviews front desk full kitchen free dinner dc area bedroom suite basketball court separate building space flight sofa bed metro station minute drive shuttle service the general manager short stay enjoyed my stay fire pit lifeguard on duty
Reviewed 18 June 2018

Let me say this in the beginning: I would recommend this hotel without hesitation solely based on the staff, proximity to dining options and the breakfast buffet.

While I have been to Maryland many times - this was my first for Greenbelt as I was attending a graduation.

The front desk staff is exceptional. High marks for Nakisha and Tim. Very pleasant and inviting. They are helpful and attentive. Delta, Vacation Club and Residence Inn brands always seem to have staff who seem to genuinely love their job and it shows.

Being within walking distance of dining options was a huge plus for us. I wish we had time to take advantage of the pool or tennis court but we only had an overnight visit planned.

The breakfast here is quite exceptional. They had a range of options. I was very pleased with the breakfast here.

While the venation is a it loud, the suite we was very nicely sized. It was very clean as well. I would recommend they replace the mattresses - it was clear that people slept on one side of the bed all the time as the bed was slanted to one side which wasn't very comfortable. Wasn't the end of the world but definitely noticeable. I also didn't care for the dog we ran into the next morning inside the hotel. Didn't know pets were allowed to be honest.

The suite in my opinion was very competitively priced and we really enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: Two Bedroom Suite is the way to go.
Reviewed 7 June 2018

3rd time I've stayed in this hotel in 3 months. ALL 3 TIMES it reeks of marijuana, a very pungent and annoying smell. Tried working in my room and could bear it. Called the front desk to see if they could find the source and eradicate it - but I'm guessing they couldn't since it never goes away. My guess is they have workers on the premise that are taking time to smoke when on breaks on some corner somewhere and they're stinking the place up to high heaven. I gave it at least 2 stars though because the front desk help are very considerate and helpful. Good folks. Rooms are clean - - but again the stink takes away from the place

Room Tip: Stay away from the smoke
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank RonaldJohn28
Wendy W, General Manager at Residence Inn Greenbelt, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2018

Hi RonaldJohn,

Thank you for your recent stays at the Greenbelt Residence Inn. Although I wish we'd merited a better review, I can understand how someone choosing not to abide by our 100% smoke free environment could ruin an otherwise pleasant stay. Try as we may, sometimes, without knocking on everyone's doors, it is extremely difficult to find the source. Again, I'm truly sorry we weren't able to leave you with a better lasting impression. We try our best to make sure you're taken care of and it is encouraging to know that the Front Desk staff was helpful and that our rooms comfortable and clean.

Please feel free to contact me directly via email should you wish to give us one more try. We will do our collective best to make sure that there are no repeat infractions. We truly do value and appreciate your loyalty and look forward to another opportunity to show you the true hospitality for which we are known.

Wendy Williams
wendy.williams@hhmlp.com

Reviewed 29 May 2018

I like that the living space was separate from the sleeping area. The continental breakfast we very good with many good options. The front desk staff, Nakisha, was extremely helpful when my online reservation did not appear in their system. She was very concerned with customer service and did her best to resolve the error quickly. It was raining during our stay so we didn't get to take advantage of the pool. Otherwise, the stay was excellent. Close to shopping malls and excellent dining options.

Room Tip: The king suite is nice
Reviewed 21 May 2018 via mobile

Very pleasant staff. They really seemed to care. Not like other residence inns - no fireplaces or lofts. Suite was as expected though some repairs were half-a::ed. There is a poll though I don't know if it is used. Also a tennis court and bball court. Located near campus. Book early or watch the rates skyrocket.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Litig8or2014
Reviewed 6 May 2018

I love to stay in Marriott and lived in many hotels across the US. One of the things I like: you never need to check review before to go to a particular place, Marriott as a synonym of "high quality". But this travel experience was terrible!
Apparently, the facilities are old any many things broken or doesn't work as expected. Patio grill didn't work.
Ventilation in the room was so noisy, so we had to shutdown the AC before to go sleep
And the main thing is bedding, of course. The mattress on sofa bed is so thin, so you can feel each and every spring. Pillows looked like somebody removed half of the filler.
And front desk personnel barely could help! They were nice and smiling but said: "sorry, we have no other pillows, we have no other mattresses". That's it. My family member has back problems, so I drove to nearby Target and get pillows.
As such situation was absolutely unexpected at Marriott site, I called Global Helpdesk and ask their help to resolve.
Only next day afternoon, after the second call to the Global Helpdesk, locals offered us the bigger room, with two normal beds... but it smelled very bad. So, we stayed in the original room, got some discount though.
Sadly to say: this is my worst Marriott experience ever and I advise all fellow travelers to avoid this hotel, at least until they will do the renovation.

2  Thank Z8521MYalex