Brookside Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Rainbow Motel(Gatlinburg)
View Hotel
Sleep Inn & Suites(Gatlinburg)
East Side(Gatlinburg)
  • Free Internet
Parkview Inn(Gatlinburg)
1,213 results
All reviewswood burning fireplacebabbling brookbalcony overlookingthe riverbiscuits and gravyroom was spacioustrolley stopan older hotelnice poolfree breakfastfamily reunionclose to downtownhot tubpigeon forgestreamkitchenetteupgrades
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 June 2011

My husband and I checked into the resort.The people there were very friendly.I had picked this place to surprise my hubby for our 1 year anniversary.What I was not aware of is that is more then just a few blocks from the "heart" of Gatlinburg.The other issues were ...no coffee pot in the room and no wifi which we like to have so in case we see or hear of something we would like to do we can look it up and check the reviews.And it allows us to stay in touch with family when we are 8 hours away from home.They did tell us the storm from a few weeks prior had knocked out a piece of equipment.Either way the room we had was HUGE,a bit out dated but it was still nice and the back door opened up the the stream in the back.The staff was very friendly and since we were there on our honeymoon , they let us cancel in person to find a closer place to stay in town.But thier hospitality was great .We would give them another try....PS, Their pool looked GREAT, but we didnt stay to use it.

Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 June 2011

Read the reviews and almost cancelled our booking but I'm glad we didn't, Our room was very clean and comfortable - there was the smell of the wood fireplace when we first walked into our room but it wasn't unpleasant. We had a balcony overlooking the brook which was delightful --- a fast flowing, sparkling clean brook which you can really enjoy --- sit on the rocks and relax!

No coffee in the rooms and no continental breakfast or any coffee at all which was disappointing. A really nice Pancake breakfast restaurant across the street which was a good thing as we ate there in the mornings and the coffee there is great.

The pool/s were sparkling clean and the staff were friendly. We walked into Gatlinburg - about a 15 minute slow walk which was very pleasant. For those who don't want to walk the trolley stops right outside the resort and is only 50 cents.

For the price this was an excellent choice.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Borth
Reviewed 8 January 2011

Upon our arrival, I did notice that the decor was very worn and dirty, the office was over run with paper. They gave us a room that was around in the back to the right side of the office, we had to go down a hill and park, then walk up a ramp to get to our rooms. I can deal with drab but not dirty. When we opened the door there was a huge stain on the carpet that met you right at the door, the room smelled very musty and old. The tops of tables and the TV had not been dusted, the only thing that looked clean was the bath tub, and there was a dead but in it. We were so tired that we stayed night. I got up the next morning and went to get the FREE Continental Breakfast while I was there the electricity went out. We left the next day, we paid for two nights in cash, they gave us the one night back, then when we got our bank statement they had charged us for the two nights. I will not recommend this place to anyone, we have since turned them in to the BBB.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank Smacksmom1
Reviewed 2 November 2010

My husband and I usually stay in the Brookside cabins out by Greenbrier but we were not able to afford it this year until we saw that Brookside was running a stay 2 nights for $199 and get either tickets to Ripley's Aquarium or a 3rd night free...That was a deal we could not pass up! So we booked out stay and picked the 3rd night free.

The room was super nice...keep in mind it is outdated BUT the king size bed was super comfortable....the in room fireplace was excellent since it did get down to 31 degrees at night and the private baclony overlooking the stream was amazing! The room was very roomy and had a microwave with a mini fridge that kept everything super cold and a small sink. We did not use tha whirlpool tub.

Wifi was a little hard to find but once we sat on the balcony with our laptop we found a signal with no problem.

We really enjoyed our stay. We walked up to the road to take the trolley into town for 1 night for dinner and then our last day to spend the day walking and shopping and sightseeing in Gatlinburg. The location was great!

They do have a continental breakfast, which we did enjoy 1 of our days and it had donuts, coffee, o.j., yogurt, bagels, pop-tarts and cereal. We were up early to head out to Cade's Cove so this quick breakfast fit the spot.

Once again, the hotel rooms are dated but it adds to the charm of Gatlinburg. We will definitely be back!

THANK YOU BROOKSIDE! :-)

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank zdavis29
Reviewed 18 October 2010

My wife and I have stayed in and around gatlinburg for 24 plus years. Made last minute reservation at the brookside based on trip advisor . First of all I was impressed with the staff, very helpful and friendly. Now for the bad. The room was circa 1950's and I could live with that if it were just old looking. But the room had a smell like I cannot quite describe other than old. There were stains on the walls and paint peeling everywhere. The room we stayed in was right behind the check-in office area, and maybe some of the newer rooms are O.K., but if this is any indication of the hotel overall I would definately say STAY AWAY. Should have stayed with the tried and true places we have always trusted. Shame on me for trying to make a reservation last minute and getting caught in the Bates motel.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple