“Excellent! Go here! You will not be disappointed.”

Delauder's Smoky Mountain BBQ
Ranked #4 of 203 Restaurants in Gatlinburg
Price range: US$ 8 - US$ 22
Description: We are so blessed to have people love us so much, to hunt us down and let us feed them! Thanks so much EVERYONE!
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We are not foodies, per se, but we like to mix in family owned non-chain restaurants when we can. We wanted to get some good brisket, and Delauder's had good reviews so we went to check it out. We pulled up to an unimpressive shack behind some shops, which I was happy about, even if the kids weren't. We walked in and there were maybe 8 tables, one of which was available. We didn't see brisket on the menu, so we asked about it. They said they only have it on Saturdays. I actually thought about leaving because while my wife loves all kinds of pork and my daughter loves ribs, I do not normally think of myself as a lover of pulled pork sandwiches. In the end we decided to stay. My wife and I ordered pulled pork sandwiches. My son ordered a two meat plate. My daughter ordered ribs. It took kind of a long time for the food to arrive, like maybe even twenty plus minutes. When the food arrived, it was a LOT of food for the money. Some restaurants substitute quantity for quality, so I was a bit skeptical. I put just a little of the sauce on the sandwich and took my first bite. I kind of expected a bland sandwich with maybe hard chunks of pork, but the first bite changed everything. It was really, really good. It was tender and smokey and just perfect. My wife and kids started eating their food and said it was the best they had ever had. My daughter had fried mac and cheese as a side dish. I figured it would be run of the mill restaurant mac and cheese, but again I was surprised. It had a unique tangy taste with a little bit of bite at the end. It was delicious. My son is on a health kick and watched what he ate and controlled his portions pretty carefully on our week long trip... except on this day at this restaurant, because he loved everything he had. He was stuffed when he left. I admit, I root for small family owned restaurants, but Delauders lived up to the good reviews.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I smoke a lot of BBQ at home so I'm very critical of BBQ and especially ribs. The ribs at Delauder's are spot on perfect and I never say that. The pulled pork was good. The mac & cheese browned on the flat top grill was great. The okra was typical of frozen and the beans were a bit too soupy. Overall though a solid BBQ place. Warning- the pulled pork sandwich and the pulled pork plate are huge servings so consider sharing except for al but the hardiest of eaters. This is a family run place and some nice folks that care about their product. The place is hard to find as it is tucked in behind some other shops. I drove past here a hundred times and never noticed it till I was specifically looking for it and even then it was hard to find. We will be back.

1  Thank coastermeister
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The pork BBQ was out of this world. Family run joint and portions are definitely enough to fill you up!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Perfectly smokey baked beans, delicious pork, and friendly service....
But the RIBS! OH, THE RIBS! They are worth the stop by themselves. Absolutely perfect! Dont get there too late, as they may run out of food. They had to close a little early after we got there because of that, and I am really glad we didn't miss it.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Glad we had the address. Hard to find without it. Behind some shops and out of the way. Once inside, it’s nothing fancy but the food was good. Good pulled pork. Very tasty and juicy. They ran out of food while we were there after being open just a couple of hours. Food is made fresh every morning and available while supplies last so get there early.