Lowest prices for your stay
$280
$272
Hotels.com$280
Travelocity$280
FindHotel$288
All reviews fills up fast screen door rocking chairs wood floors the main drag place to stay definitely stay here again parking spot never stay anywhere else mini fridge rooms are small walking distance to downtown home away from home beds were comfortable up to date shower head convenient location
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 January 2019

This motel is a throwback to the post-war travel boom that put Gatlinburg on the map. It's a vintage motor inn with all rooms on one floor and doors opening up to the parking lot. The location is great, right down the street from Parkway.

I stayed in a single queen bed room, paneled from floor to ceiling in pine (even the bathroom). The room was a comfortable size for one or two people, but floor space was a little limited due to the narrow layout of the room. The room did have all the expected amenities: TV with cable, coffee maker, mini-fridge. There was an available fold-out table and chairs, which really would've filled the room up. There was a wall-mounted heater/air conditioner that kept the room fairly warm. I kept it at 68 degrees, and it was a little cool at night. Extra blankets were provided if needed. The bed was really comfortable, and the pillows were awesome.

The bathroom had modern fixtures and water temperature and pressure were fine. Soap and shampoo were provided, but I would suggest bringing your own. The bathroom was a bit cool, this being January and older buildings not being the most well-insulated.

Worth noting, it's a small place, and all doors open to the parking lot. Chairs are provided next to each door, encouraging people to hang out and socialize. So if people choose to hang out and socialize, it's going to be loud. Just be aware, you may deal with some noise.

Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank SCTraveler2010
Reviewed 18 December 2018 via mobile

We stayed here only one night but I wouldn’t hesitate to stay a week! Very fast check in and the room was comfortable and cozy. The room felt like a cabin in the woods. Great value and friendly service. We will be back!

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank MrCamper78
Reviewed 9 December 2018

I wasn't really sure what to expect, so I only booked one night here then we moved to a larger hotel for the rest of the week. I was actually very surprised at how nice Marshall's Creek was! Room was small, but that was to be expected and we only had 2 people. It was clean, smelled clean, bed was comfortable, shower was nice and hot and the renovations are really nice. I will definitely stay here again in the future for a longer duration.

Date of stay: December 2018
3  Thank Jennifer G
Reviewed 20 November 2018 via mobile

Booked a room based on recommendations that I read. I was greeted very warmly by the young man in the office. He explained that he was there to ensure that I had a pleasant stay and if I needed anything to let him know. Upon entering the room it was like a mix of walking back in time with modern updates. The room was clean....you could smell the cleaner. I liked the hardwood floors. The beds were comfortable. The bathroom was on the small side but you could do what needed to be done with no trouble. Would I stay here again? You bet. Hard to find a good family run establishment. The young man who checked me in was helping clean rooms and again asked about my stay. He wished me a safe journey and asked me to return. Got a nice wave from another worker as I pulled from the parking lot. Sometimes fancy isn't always best!

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Kentuctraveler
Reviewed 8 November 2018 via mobile

The location is perfect for Gatlinburg- you can stroll down to the main street easily.
We had two queen beds in the room which were very comfortable. The room was well decorated and clean. Very good WiFi

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank livinglifetothefull1