“Maybe only go here as last resort”
Review of Luigi's Pizzeria

Luigi's Pizzeria
Ranked #66 of 210 Restaurants in Gatlinburg
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 15
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We ended up here on Wednesday night after every other place we stopped had a long wait. Of course, we knew it was probably a bad sign that it was the only place without a line, but we were tired and hungry. We walked in and there is no hostess and no sign so we weren't sure if we were supposed to seat ourselves or not. We walked to the main bar area and asked they said we should seat ourselves and they would find us. It took a while, but eventually they did. We really wanted to like this place, but it took excessively long to get the table cleaned, excessively long to have our order taken, excessively long to get part of the order, excessively long to get the check, and excessively long to actually get my card back. We had 'thin crust' pizza with a very soggy crust and an underwhelming taste, cheesy garlic bread that barely had a garlic taste and my daughter had wings that arrived about twenty minutes after the pizza and garlic bread. We are NOT picky about food, so when we say it was subpar, it was subpar. We sat right in front and watched party after party arrive and be totally confused by the setup... they kept asking us how we got a table. I hate to give a bad review, but I feel people should know up front what they are getting in to. By the way, after we sat down I had read the less than stellar Tripadvisor reviews and didn't tell my family about them so that they kept an open mind, as I know sometimes you have five star cuisine folks coming in to perfectly fine three star restaurants and whining about the food not being up to snuff, but in the end those reviews were spot on.

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I hope our experience was an anomaly, because from all outward appearances, it is the type of small pizzeria/pub that we would like. Counter up front, bar and booths in back. Fair-sized Thursday night crowd. Wife and Daughter went to get a take-out pizza, walked-in, stood at counter 5-10 minutes, hoping to place an order. No staff ever appeared, no greeting, no order-taking, no “be right with you.” Finally, walked-out and went to Mellow Mushroom, up the street.

Reviewed 6 April 2018

I have seen this place many times and never stopped..Well that changed.
Walked in and sat at the bar ordered a ice cold beer and checked out the menu.
Decided on a medium pepperoni to go.
Pizza was really good and average price for Gatlinburg.
Service was good also.
Overall I would recommend.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

I ordered a pizza from Lugis and when it arrived all of the cheese had slid off into the back of the box and the pizza had not been sliced.

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

Pizza was burnt surprised they would send it out either miss managed or under managed. Guess is miss managed as driver did not want to make situation right. Maybe did not have authority to do so