See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 August 2013 via mobile

The room we had was nice and clean the staff was very nice and helpful it was so close to town we walked every where We was not bothered by any we would definitely stay there again I am ready to go back now but cant till next year good people that run gran prix

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 18 June 2013

The office was nice. A so called "christian" man rented us a room. My first impression was that it was a cozy gatinburg setting. O boy was I wrong. Our stay ended with fighting roaches & came home only to make Dr appointments to get rid of bed bugs & treat our many bed bug bites. Our vacation was ruined. What kind of "christian" rents rooms in thesw conditions. The rooms are years & years out dated! I itch every time I think about it!

• Stayed: June 2013
7  Thank MsPirtle
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Hotel does need a major make over replacing some things to freshen up but its still a decent hotel close to downtown. The pool was not open for the season at the time we stayed. The staff there is very nice and observant of what goes on. We felt safe at all times. Will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Some rooms appeared to have a balcony so request one if you like having a balcony.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 May 2013

I am hiking the AT with my husband. We were picked up at Newfound Gap by a friendly AT maintainance volunteer and dropped off at the Grand Prix. I saw that the place was full of AT hikers so we decided to give it a try. The owner was welcoming and gave us the unbelievable low hiker rate. A rate so good that you really couldn't stay and complain about anything. They had a computer, coffee and a laundry room. Our room was outdated but clean. I am usually a Holiday Inn kind of girl but was very grateful for this place. The place caters to hikers. I did not realize until the next morning that the bright light outside our window was controlled by a switch in the room!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 October 2012

My wife and scheduled this as an overnight stop and resupply in Gatlinburg during a 9 day hike on the Appalachian Trail. We hitched from Newfound Gap into town in the rain around 7pm. the front desk was courteous and had our maildrop ready to pickup. The hiker rate was excellent. the laundry room was nearly new. The room was reasonably clean though not exactly up to date. The free toiletries might not be to some peoples preference though. We liked it so much that whenever my wife's knees gave out 3 days later we hitchhiked back to the same hotel, until we could arrange to pickup our car. Though it is near the edge of town, getting around was simple. and its very convenient to the new NOC Outpost for hiking supplies, getting to an actual grocery store is abit more involved though but there is a small general/convenience store nearby.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple