See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Hotel does need a major make over replacing some things to freshen up but its still a decent hotel close to downtown. The pool was not open for the season at the time we stayed. The staff there is very nice and observant of what goes on. We felt safe at all times. Will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Some rooms appeared to have a balcony so request one if you like having a balcony.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 May 2013

I am hiking the AT with my husband. We were picked up at Newfound Gap by a friendly AT maintainance volunteer and dropped off at the Grand Prix. I saw that the place was full of AT hikers so we decided to give it a try. The owner was welcoming and gave us the unbelievable low hiker rate. A rate so good that you really couldn't stay and complain about anything. They had a computer, coffee and a laundry room. Our room was outdated but clean. I am usually a Holiday Inn kind of girl but was very grateful for this place. The place caters to hikers. I did not realize until the next morning that the bright light outside our window was controlled by a switch in the room!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 October 2012

My wife and scheduled this as an overnight stop and resupply in Gatlinburg during a 9 day hike on the Appalachian Trail. We hitched from Newfound Gap into town in the rain around 7pm. the front desk was courteous and had our maildrop ready to pickup. The hiker rate was excellent. the laundry room was nearly new. The room was reasonably clean though not exactly up to date. The free toiletries might not be to some peoples preference though. We liked it so much that whenever my wife's knees gave out 3 days later we hitchhiked back to the same hotel, until we could arrange to pickup our car. Though it is near the edge of town, getting around was simple. and its very convenient to the new NOC Outpost for hiking supplies, getting to an actual grocery store is abit more involved though but there is a small general/convenience store nearby.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2012

This is the worst place in the world to stay !! The room stunk like a whole football team had practice in there and never showered, Which they couldn't have because there was only one towel in the bath room and there was a shower head but no shower. The heated pool was drained so there couldn't have been any swimming in the heated pool. I itched the whole 30 minutes of our stay. Even though we were booked for 3 nights we had to leave !! This trip was for my birthday which was the worst ever !!

Room Tip: Stay away from this place !!!
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank dhill229
Reviewed 11 March 2012

We are backpackers and were headed to the smokies. Because of an unexpected I-75 closure, we arrived too late to head out on the trail. It was Saturday and the area was PACKED. We ended up here because we have pretty low standards when it comes to accommodation [I mean, we're people who voluntarily live in the woods for a week, right?] - clean, safe and cheap is all I need. This was kinda pricey for what it was, but the lady knocked off $10 because we are backpackers. I appreciated that, and the total was $55 afterward. The room was "OK". Very, very dimly lit by a few gross lamps (stained) and shabby. We were still fairly happy until we tried to close our blinds. They were broken and stuck open. We told her the problem and she basically said to deal with it. We ended up using a rag to individually close the dusty little slats as best we could. I was pleasantly surprised to have a microwave and mini fridge.

• Stayed: March 2012