See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 11 March 2012

We are backpackers and were headed to the smokies. Because of an unexpected I-75 closure, we arrived too late to head out on the trail. It was Saturday and the area was PACKED. We ended up here because we have pretty low standards when it comes to accommodation [I mean, we're people who voluntarily live in the woods for a week, right?] - clean, safe and cheap is all I need. This was kinda pricey for what it was, but the lady knocked off $10 because we are backpackers. I appreciated that, and the total was $55 afterward. The room was "OK". Very, very dimly lit by a few gross lamps (stained) and shabby. We were still fairly happy until we tried to close our blinds. They were broken and stuck open. We told her the problem and she basically said to deal with it. We ended up using a rag to individually close the dusty little slats as best we could. I was pleasantly surprised to have a microwave and mini fridge.

• Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank CaitlinK1024
Reviewed 16 October 2011

We asked for a none smoking room. The door had a non smoking sign on it, but the room smelled like the crappy place it was. Our jack russell would not even stay on the floor. You know you are in trouble when you find a sack of garlic hanging over the door, supposedly to the kitchenette, which had a 2 burner stoved w/no front and a sink built in attached to it. The commode handle was held together w/electrical tape. The ceiling fan had dust balls hanging from it. The owner stated it was the only room he had (we had reservations), but he booked three more rooms by the time he decided to offer us the 'owners suite' which had a broken towel bar, smelled bad, paper thin walls. We were disturbed all night with banging noises and loud talking. Never, ever again. GARLIC, seriously!! Oct 16, 2011.

• Stayed: October 2011
9  Thank gmdaniels
Reviewed 2 July 2011

The pictures! There's no way, NO WAY that these are the rooms listed on the web site. Totally different layout. Bed bugs and bed bug feces behind the unattached head board. If you can imagine a motel rented by the hour this is it, And it has a for sale sign on it.
To add the the nightmare they tell you no refunds. Call
your cc company or bank. Don't take my word for it see for yourself

• Stayed: July 2011
5  Thank Jkrass
Reviewed 14 April 2011

Saw this place on the web and booked it for my honeymoon suite based on pictures and convience. WELL AS SOON AS I OPENED THE SUITE DOOR OMG, I just started to cry. This place was crappy green and peach dated pre 1970's or 60's. I walked down to the office after only being there 5 mins and they advised me: NO REFUND. I contacted my CC and disputed the charges--no way after having such a wonderful day was going to let some drug dealers (which I saw over looking the balcony) in a trashy motel ruin my day! Take my word for it...the HOMESTEAD HOUSE WAS WHERE WE ENDED UP GOING AND LOVED IT!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
6  Thank justthewayiseeit
Reviewed 4 November 2010

This place is very outdated and needs to be fixed up a bit, but it is a great value. I stayed in the suite, which is about $75 per night on weeknights. This motel has a trolley stop at the parking lot, or you can easily walk into downtown Gatlinburg in about ten minutes. The area is VERY safe. Even though the Grand Prix is nothing special the location is perfect, it's budget friendly, and the owners are pretty nice.

• Stayed: June 2010