“Honestly, saved my vacation” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Gillette Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Gillette Motel
Ranked #32 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Asheville NC
“Honestly, saved my vacation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2007

My vacation started out at a different hotel..It was terrible... Ended up leaving that hotel in the middle of the night.. And came across Gillette !!! It was soooo clean, quite, close to EVERYTHING!! And the staff was great !!!! Will stay here every time I come back to the Smokies!!!!

• Stayed September 2007, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank shoti22
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
WV
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2007

My husband and I attended an event at the Convention Center and the company holding the function booked this motel for us. At first, I was very disappointed - the rooms, while large, are very dated and the room looked "institutionalized" - the lights over the bed reminded me of hospital over-bed lights and the built in dressers/desk, etc. are very old. However, my disappointment was quickly overcome as the room was really clean, the beds were very comfortable, and the location of the hotel was awesome - right across the street from the Convention Center and a very short distance to downtown. Best of all, the people working there were super friendly and accommodating. It felt very safe. Since the weather was so nice, we were able to sit outside and enjoy the beautiful mornings and evenings and we had a wonderful stay!

• Stayed May 2007, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
7 Thank 21ACE
Morristown, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2006

My husband and I recently went to Gatlinburg for a holiday de-stresser and discovered the Gillette Motel! We were both really pleased with how clean and affordable it was! It was very convenient to the "strip" and well within walking distance to everything! The room was very clean and suprisingly roomy and the bathrooms were great! My only complaint was not enough water pressure in the shower, but we were on the third floor!! We had a great time and felt really recharged! Great value considering that almost every hotel in Gatlinburg runs rooms at $79 or more for what feels like you are staying in a shoebox!
Worth checking out and was decorated really great for the holidays! That's what caught my husbands attention ( and that's saying alot!!)

• Liked — Location
  • Stayed December 2006, travelled as a couple
3 Thank spoutjohnson
Creston, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2005

I recently stayed at the Gillette Motel in Gatlinburg. Anyone looking for a clean, inexpensive place within easy walking distance to everything should by all means consider this motel. It is older but very well kept. The outside paint looked fresh and neat. Our room was extra clean and modern. It is located close to the entrance of the Smoky Mts., we didn't have any problems driving. With AAA discount I paid $59.00 per night, plus tax. Not bad for as nice as it was. The only problem I had was after I checked out I realized I was not credited for my AAA discount. The traffic was so bad leaving Gatlinburg I didn't go back, but after returning home I sent a copy of my bill and my AAA card and a week later I received a money order for the discount. I appreciated their honesty and I will definately stay there again when I return to Gatlinburg.

• Stayed July 2005
10 Thank gocat
Eastern Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2005

My husband abd I frequent the Gatlinburg area and we can honestly say that we found a jewel of a hotel. The Gillette Motel is easily found by turning left at Red Light # 8 on the parkway and it is just a few hundred feet up that street. The people who worked there were super nice and seemed as if they were happy that we were staying there. We stayed in room # 326, which had a private balcony overlooking the street below and two double beds that were very comfortable. The room was very clean and well keeped, this being said by the sparkling white sheets and bed spreads. the bathroom was very clean and the shower was wonderful with a head that can adjust the stream. For the price this was a great deal being that I have stayed in chain hotels that were no where close to being as clean and accomodating as the Gillette. To sum up our stay: WE LOVED IT AND WE WILL DEFINATELY STAY THERE AGAIN ON OUR NEXT TRIP.

22 Thank gina2318