The Lodge at Buckberry Creek
Gatlinburg Inn(Gatlinburg)(Great Value!)
US$ 179
US$ 168
Hotels.com
Bearskin Lodge on the River Hotel(Gatlinburg)(Great Value!)
US$ 123
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites on the River(Gatlinburg)(Great Value!)
US$ 66
EconoLodge
US$ 145
The Edgewater Hotel(Gatlinburg)(Great Value!)
US$ 135
US$ 112
Quality Inn & Suites Gatlinburg(Gatlinburg)(Great Value!)
US$ 79
US$ 77
Agoda.com
Zoders Inn & Suites(Gatlinburg)(Great Value!)
US$ 90
Hampton Inn Gatlinburg(Gatlinburg)(Great Value!)
US$ 151
US$ 134
Hampton.com
US$ 100
TripAdvisor
1,145 results
All reviewsgallery suitethe smoky mountainshiking trailoverlooking the mountainsfire pitfull kitchencontinental breakfasttop floorsmall kitchenbeautiful propertyrocking chairsliving areashort drivegatlinburg areajacuzzi tubthird floorpigeon forge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 June 2012

I've always want to stay at a hotel or resort in the mountains near a river or creek and found everything I'd been looking for at the Lodge at Buckberry Creek. The resort is situated up the mountain with several different "lodge" buildings of different sizes. I stayed in a building with 4 suites. The design of the buildings and the interior suites were meticulously decorated in rustic magnificence. We had a full kitchens, fireplace in the living room, a deck looking out to the mountains, and a jacuzzi style tub in addition to a large walk in shower. There is a gourmet restaurant available for both breakfast and dinner with a choice of eating indoors or out on a wrap around deck with, you guessed it, views of the Great Smoky Mountains.
The piece de resistance is an area known as The Pavilion. It is a bit of heaven on earth. We were taken down by a 4 wheel drive vehicle but it is possible to hike down via a steep trail. Not my choice! The Pavilion is located down by the creek and has chairs by the creek, also under cover with large picnic tables (where, believe it or not there is also a TV that works in the middle of the wilderness), and other chairs scattered on the property. There is also a hammock to take a snooze. The outhouse has stained glass windows. that really blew me away.
Buddy (the co-owner who is on property all the time, I think) and his partner thought of everything and we reaped the benefits.
Needless to say, I can't wait to return with friends or family.

Room Tip: We stayed in 4302. Thus room is higher than most and therefore has a superb view.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 June 2012

Thank you for a beautiful stay. Service was so awesome. Cabins are beautiful!!!

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed 18 June 2012

Overall, I don't think our experience for three days was worth the $652 that we paid, and we will not return.

We stayed in a gallery suite on the top floor of Building 4. Below are the pros and cons about our stay.

Pros:
1. The best part was the great view that we had from our top-floor balcony. It was great.
2. Bed was large and comfortable.
3. Room was clean and housekeeping did a good job refreshing it.
4. Shower was large. Jet tub in bathroom was great.
5. King size bed was comfortable.
6. Kitchenette was adequately equipped.
7. A/C worked well.
8. Bathrobes were comfortable.

Cons:

1. The restaurant staff was very aloof. They made us feel like we were inconveniencing them when we went for the free continental breakfast and also for the "Sundowners." For Sundowners, the Buckberry Inn gives its guests one ticket for each night's stay for which the guests can get one free beer or glass of wine at the inn's restaurant. The person who served us our free drinks made us feel like we were bothering him. He, himself, didn't seem to be fully aware of how the "Sundowners" ticket worked and kept telling us that we needed two tickets.

2. The continental breakfast was such a disappointment. My advice to the kitchen manager is if you cannot offer a decent continental breakfast, you should just discontinue it because you are disappointing and frustrating your guests. The selection for the breakfast is terrible -- mostly carbs with the exception of yogurt. That guests can't serve themselves everything that is included in the continental breakfast (which isn't much, anyway) is ridiculous and is a waste of guests' valuable time. We skipped the continental breakfast on the last day of our visit - - it wasn't worth the lousy selection and aggravation.

Other cons:

1. Room needed a fresh coat of paint - - there were a lot of marks on the walls.
2. The furniture looks worn.
3. Towels in bathroom are thin.
4. The picture on the mantel above the fireplace was missing, so the room looked rather drab.
5. Chair on balcony are uncomfortable - - very hard and do not recline.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask about the view. We lucked out and got a great view.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank peachypie16
Reviewed 13 June 2012

My husband and I stayed at Buckberry Lodge on Sunday and Monday night. We defiantly enjoyed our stay. The room was fantastic, we loved the fireplace and full kitchen. We stayed in Building 5 on the first floor and we weren't too disappointed in the view, it was still quite beautiful. I feel that perhaps the cost should have been lower for the building farthest away from the main building and a less than perfect view, had that been the case I do not think we would have cared at all. We also experienced quite a bit of noise from the people on the upper level, I absolutely feel that the noise was beyond "average" noise. I kept us up and woke us up very early.

As far as the kitchen we loved everything we had, though we only had breakfast. The staff was very nice, both at the front desk and at the restaurant. I would agree with some other reviews however that they could have had additional staff at the front desk, we waited nearly 15 mins to return our key and check out while the lady was on the phone.

Overall, the stay was very nice, we will defiantly stay again,only if we are guaranteed a top floor room.

Room Tip: Try and avoid building five (less than perfect view and the distance from the main building) also, noise levels from people walking on upper floors are significant, request and upper floor room.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank gata4554
Reviewed 9 June 2012

My family has stayed here several times since its first week of business. The service and rooms were excellent until this last time, since a change in management this place has taken a turn for the worse. Our rooms were like staying in a musty, damp basement. One morning we woke up to a SNAKE in our tub! We have small children so needless to say they were scared to death and no one slept the next night! After that we didn't hear anything from management, and floored when at check out they didn't even mention the incident! I had to remind them and they refused when I asked for some kind of discount!!! That will be our last stay!!!

• Stayed: May 2012
18  Thank Travelinmomi
BBL37738, Owner at The Lodge at Buckberry Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2012

As the owner of Buckberry Lodge this is my first response to a TripAdvisor review, negative or positive. Over the past seven years of existence that my brother, our partner, and I have been the ultimate management at the Lodge, we have had very few negative reviews. We welcome all reviews both positive and constructive criticism. The Lodge addresses each review internally to improve our services and personnel standards. This particular review seems to have some erroneous information because my brother and I were both personally involved.

Even though the Lodge borders the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, in seven years we have never had a snake of any size reported in a suite. A snake was found in this guests tub. Upon hearing this, the snake was immediately removed. Addressing the non-response issue-my brother personally authorized a gift certificate for a future stay to be offered at checkout - this was refused as not acceptable. In addition, I personally contacted the guests by their cell phone and left a message with no return.

These particular guests have visited us numerous times over our existence, with and without family members and the Lodge has always catered to their wishes to the best of our ability. Please accept our utmost apology for missing the mark on this visit.

Please understand to all our guests, it is our desire to always try to serve and deliver the highest quality experience possible in the most professional manner.