I booked a room at Buckberry on a spur of the moment get away. It turned out to be an excellent pick and we both really enjoyed the stay. The lodge is on mountain adjacent to Gatlinburg. So you are close to the restaurants and "attractions" in town without all the noise and mess of all the masses roaming the strip. When I said it was on a mountain I'm serious. If you had a skateboard and a set of iron balls you would be in for the ride of your life into town. The rooms were comfortable, the bed was too and had like 400 count sheets. The rooms are kept spotless and seem to be new. It is a wood framed structure so it does transmit noise more than a steel and concrete building. Noise wasn't a problem for us. The views are panoramic and well worth the extra cost. They have a continental breakfast and lots of good coffee in the AM. It was my favorite to sip coffie and take in the view. The staff are all very nice and helpful. A lot of resorts could take a lesson on customer service from their crew at buckberry. We got a room with a Jacuzzi. If you are going to do some hiking and you are not in top shape you will really need that. They have a trail that leads down the mountain to a small creek and veranda. Very nice touch. The fireplace in the veranda is an excellent place to hang out in the evening. It was a good place and we will be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lodge at Buckberry Creek has brought the elegance of the “Great Camps” of the Adirondacks to the pristine beauty of the Smoky Mountains of East Tennessee. Designed to reflect the retreats created in the Adirondack Mountains over 100 years ago by some of the East Coast’s wealthiest families, Buckberry Lodge pampers guests with the true natural grandeur of the Adirondack architectural style. Nestled away high above Gatlinburg, Tennessee, The Woods building offers 14 luxury-suite rooms from 600 square feet to 750 square feet. Rooms feature fireplaces, private balconies, bathrooms with separate showers and Jacuzzi tubs. The majority of our suites have a King bed but we do have a few rooms with 2 Double beds. Rest, recharge, and relax within your suite or enjoy the area attractions of Gatlinburg and the Great Smoky Mountains. Our property is less than 2 miles from the entrance of the Great Smoky Mountains National Park and all the beauty it holds. We are also less than 2 miles from Downtown Gatlinburg. There is a firepit which overlooks Mt. LeConte – a great spot to unwind & relax. Although we have experienced a great loss since the November 28th fire, we are very fortunate to have The Woods building to share with our guests. We look forward to welcoming you to The Lodge at Buckberry Creek for your Smoky Mountain lodging destination! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your The Lodge at Buckberry Creek reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lodge At Buckberry Creek Hotel Gatlinburg
- Hotel At Buckberry Creek
- At Buckberry Creek Gatlinburg
- Lodge Buckberry Creek