“Nice but $$$”
Emerald City Lights #203- Kitchen Table
Emerald City Lights #203- Bedroom with Fireplace
Emerald City Lights #203- Tennis Court at the Resort
Emerald City Lights #203- Outside Pool at the Resort
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Average - based on 19 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
MARILYN S
“Nice view but poor housekeeping”
Reviewed 15 April 2015 for a stay in April 2015

My family and I stayed in this cabin for 3 nights. The view was great but the floors and windows were dirty. There was mouse droppings everywhere. We called housekeeping they came and cleaned where we had seen the droppings and the orkin man came out to setup mouse traps. We had to wash all dishes before we used them because of the mice infestation. It was down right disgusting. The pull out couch even had mice droppings in it and it looked as if the mice had ate the fabric of the couch. I recommend the couch on the main level be disposed of. I wouldn't be surprised if there is a nest in there. I called Aunt Bugs and they said that they would make things right. They never returned my call. I then called again after I returned home and all they would offer is a free night. I told them that I would never stay with them again. Really $1100.00 and nothing but mouse droppings everywhere and all they can offer is a free night another time. Very disappointed in the customer service and the management of Aunt Bugs.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the view
Liked least: poor housekeeping
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
al, United States
Reviewed 6 September 2013 for a stay in September 2013
people found this review helpful

Management Response
6 Sep 2013
I apologize for the inconveniences you encountered during your visit at our cabin. Did you report the toilet issue to the office? We are able to send out a maintenance person to fix these, as quickly as we can, when we are made aware of a situation. The cabins are indivdually owned, and any updates or change in amenities is the owner's decision. Thank you for your feedback! We will use this to address and resolve the issues you encountered.
kaiscat
Grand Island, New York
“Poor mangement company...”
Reviewed 6 August 2013 for a stay in July 2013

We stayed at this property July 26th to July 30th. Great view...dirty windows! We paid $1100 to stay here for 4 nights.

1. No gas in the grill. Aunt Bugs would NOT bring gas for grill. We went and got the propane from Aunt Bugs and the grill was so OLD and nasty it couldn't even cook! thanks for ruining dinner #1 and dinner #2. We ate out the last night we were there.

2. The view was great.. the windows were gross.

3. The 3 decks were nice but there was a "pile" of what looked like dead bird right by the table we were supposed to eat at. another reviewer thought it was dog feces... their stay was 3 weeks earlier than mine...interesting

4. the couch beds were worn to the point of being unusuable...sleeping for 8 I don't think so.. more like sleeping for 4

5. awesome showers

6. loved the hot tub

7. predatory squirrels

8 over all a very WORN OUT cabin

9. washer is very loud and getting ready to break

10. an earlier reviewer also noted the fridge leaks water... we also found that to be true

11. pile of extra stuff in closet??? balled up rug, air mattress, bedspread? it was weird. also an ironing board with no cover in another closet..honestly it would be better not to have it there at all.

12. there didn't seem to be too many bugs in the cabin..earlier reviews noted there was ants..we only saw a few spiders

13. Obvious lack of maintanance.. light bulbs out?

14. Pots and pans were teflon coated..but the teflon is chipped and missing..WOrN OUT

15. below the cabin is alot of garbage ( cans and papers and such) shouldn't somebody pick this up?? for nearly 250 a night I think so

16. the rug in the living room was filthy and curled up on the edges.. no rug at all would of been better

17. Hammock is missing and according to reviews has been missing for a couple of months.. really?

I will stay in Gatlinburg again... but I will not be dealing with Aunt Bugs again ever. they have shown an inability to fix problems and are only interested in renting a cabin with deceiving pictures and a wonderful description. I was a little embaressed when the rest of my family got to the cabin.. I'm sure they thought I was cheaping out.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Liked best: the view
Liked least: dirty
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
NY, United States
Reviewed 1 August 2013 for a stay in July 2013
person found this review helpful

Management Response
1 Aug 2013
We do a propane exchange program for all of our properties, we do apologize. When there is an issue with any of properties we take care of the problem right then and there, that is why we ask all of our customers to do a walkthrough in the first couple of hours while at the property to let us know of any issues with the property. That way we can fix all problems if any at the beggining of the stay, we again apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced with the property. We greatly appreciate your feedback and hope you and your family reconsider, we have over 180 properties we manage each one unique and individually owned.
MS, United States
Reviewed 20 July 2013 for a stay in July 2013
person found this review helpful

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
No pets
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing