“Enormous Calzone!”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed 17 July 2015

I've eaten at a lot of Italian restaurants, but Best Italian in Gatlinburg has the biggest calzone I've ever seen. The dipping sauce is super. It's large enough for four adults to share! The pizza and pasta dishes are good too. Don't miss the garlic rolls dripping in butter..a real hit!

Reviewed 17 July 2015

Greatest place to have a great meal at Gatlinburg. Nice at all ! Excelente food ! My best days at Gatlinburg I ate there.

Reviewed 17 July 2015 via mobile

The following is only my opinion: The decor was old and it seemed to be dirty. The service was fair-good. I did not have the opportunity to see the cleanliness 9f the restroom. I ordered the stuffed shells and garlic knots. The garlic knots were very similar to those I have had at other places. The stuffed shells were very good. Unfortunately, parking was a nightmare.

Reviewed 14 July 2015 via mobile

Pizza at best was fair. I'm from NJ and know good pizza. I would search elsewhere before going here again...

3  Thank Bob B
Reviewed 13 July 2015

My wife and I have dined here many times. I always order the Spaghetti and Meatballs because I like that dish and in past I have found it to always be good here. I was so disappointed that last night it was not edible and I had to send it back. They had used too much of some kind of spice (Sorry, I don't know my spices), so all I could taste when I started to eat the dish was only the one very overpowering spice. I had my wife to try it as she order Lasagna, and she agreed to was not edible. Her Lasagna was very good she said. The rolls here are also very good, as well as the salads that came with our meal. The service was OK, and they didn't charge me for the dish I sent back. Hopefully it was just a fluke but I won't be ordering Spaghetti and Meatballs any time soon. I couldn't wait to get a mint in my mouth to kill the awful overpowering taste of the spice!

1  Thank stevewilhite