“BEST RUBEN EVER ”

Cheese shop
Ranked #114 of 210 Restaurants in Gatlinburg
Cuisines: Deli
Reviewed 15 December 2014 via mobile

This is an annual stop for my wife and I for our anniversary. We love the Ruben sandwich. Must go up stairs to the restaurant .

Reviewed 9 March 2014

We stumbled upon this hide away while looking at shops. I have been coming to this area all my life I dont know how I have not seen this place yet. We read the menu on the outside door and sounded and smelled really good, so we went into the cheese shop and the restraunt was upstairs and it was authintic german style deli food. We loved the atmosphere and the service was very friendly. I had a hogie and my hubby had the Reuban and he said it was one of the best he has ever tasted as was my hoggie with the pastrami on it. We will definatly eat here again would love to recommend this to others.

1  Thank beeebop33
Reviewed 27 June 2013

This little place is a hidden gem. You almost need to trip over it to find it but, when you do you will not regret it. The service was good and the Brots and Wurst were as good as the ones I fell in love with in Germany. Don't miss your chance at a wonderful affordable lunch in Gatlinburg.

1  Thank Jim F
Reviewed 9 January 2013

I hate to broadcast this little gem of a deli above the cheese shop in the Village shops for fear that I won't be able to get near the place on my next visit, but being of German descent and tasting Ruebens all over the globe, this is by far, the best I have ever had!!! The corned beef is tender and lean, the cheese is unlike any Swiss I've ever tasted, the special sauce is savory, and the steamed pumpernickel loaf is scrumptious! Dine in at one of the several booths upstairs or take out to enjoy at your cabin in the mountains. You may be tempted, like I do, to take some home for a family dinner treat on your first night home!

2  Thank Patti S