“Great place to relax” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #24 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Orwigsburg, Pennsylvania
“Great place to relax”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

Wife and I stayed there 1 night of a 5 day vacation in Gatlinburg late March (other nights were at a B&B in Gatlinburg). We got a room overlooking the 1st fairway. 1 BR Condo was spacious, with large bathroom, good chairs to read in, and large dining room table (which I used to catch up on some work). These condos appear to be pretty new (based on carpeting in excellent shape), and everything worked well.

Golf course is "quirky" with several holes on the back 9 that were blind drives to targets (where yardage wasn't specified). But overall fun.

It's 8-10 miles to Gatlinburg, but that contributes to it being relaxing. We'll definitely go back.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank frequentdiner27
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Anderson County
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2012

My wife and I stayed at Bent Creek and loved it. We went to rest and relax and we did! We had 2 units together. Our son and his wife were coming up later in the week to stay. We stayed February of this year. The staff were some of the most helpful and friendliest we have encountered. We hope to go back one day.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Richard E
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2012

My husbend and I stayed at the hotel from March 10 - 13 th. Thr room was big and clean. we had evry thing we needed and much more. the rate was great 85$ a night.
would come again for sure.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Maryville
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2012

We stayed there March 11 - March 15th. The room and stay was great. The pool was great. All indications upon leaving is that we would come back again. I had left the room the morning op checkout and my wife and two children stayed behind to finish packing and checking out as I had to leave for work. I get a call from the manager that stated the room looked like a tornado had hit it and there would be a $50 fee charged to my card. The manager there advised me that her kids would not rip the door stops off the wall and they knew better. Also when I stated that I would not return there ever again she indicates "Sorry to hear that but the proof is in the pudding" This lady name is Beth Costner was unprofessional in my opinion as a manager. Make sure your kids do not eat and spill a few crumbs throughout the house and make sure you clean the place so that their cleaning staff does not have to do anything. We had already put our towels in the tub, took out the trash, and ran the dishwasher. I am so sorry that their cleaning staff would have to run a vacuum. Makes you wander how much cleaning is really done here.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
14 Thank Mike B
Dickson, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2012

My wife got a deal on this place from the internet and what a deal it was. We got a 1 bedroom unit. I would put the size on the order of a 500 - 600 square foot apartment. The facilities were clean and up-to-date and we got this place for about $62 a night! We did stay in February but still a deal. I have stayed in lousy hotel rooms for this price. Liked the hot tub and indoor pool even though we had to make the short walk outside to get there. I can't think of any thing to complain about. It is a drive to Gatlinburg but not too far and it is a nice mountain view drive, what's not to like. It was like staying in a furnished apartment where someone else takes care of the cleaning.

Room Tip: Don't be afraid to get one of the "smaller" units, like the 1 bedroom ones, they are c...