New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Hungry Bear BBQ # 1
Ranked #26 of 186 Restaurants in Gatlinburg
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Best meal in Gatlinburg!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2012

This was some of the best BBQ I have ever had. The ribs literally fell off the bone. The Cade's Cove sausage was *Excellent*. Variety of sauces were really great. All of the sides were above average, but the green beans were the best. I promise, even picky kids would like this food. (they do to-go orders, too.)

Do yourself a favor and get OUT of overrun downtown G-burg and Pigeon Forge and get some REAL food from a REAL nice, local guy who knows what he's doing. SUPPORT LOCAL BUSINESS!

• Visited January 2012
5 Thank lauren374
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Georgia
“If you don't love this BBQ, you don't know your BBQ!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2012

I know my BBQ and this is the best I have had. This will be one of our definate stops to eat from now on. Trust me, take time and drive up 321 and get u some. Wow! Ribs are the best. I had the combo. All is good.

• Visited January 2012
Homestead, Florida
“Small place GREAT bbq”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2012

As we were leaving Gatlinburg we made a u-turn to grab BBQ for the road...GLAD we did! Really delicious.

1 Thank HomesteadPeeps
Sevierville
“Unique, authentic BBQ that I will have again!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2011

Visited here about 2 weeks ago b/c my wife is always raving about their barbecue. I had a meeting in Gatlinburg, so I decided to swing in and pick up an order to go. I was not disappointed when I made it home and enjoyed the pulled pork, ribs, and some amazing smoked sausage that I will be ordering a plate of next time! I love BBQ, and I have to agree with a few of the other reviews; this place has something unique in both flavor and quality of their meats. The sides were average, but I only ordered green beans. I am really looking forward to sitting down at the place next time... nothing special about the atmosphere except for the friendly staff and a home-table feel to it. Recommended as a must try the next time you are in Gatlinburg!

• Visited December 2011
4 Thank agedtoperfection23
Indianapolis
“Best BBQ I've had in Gatlinburg”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2011

I've been to Gatlinburg a handful of times and tried some of the other "highly-rated" BBQ places and while they were ok I didn't feel I was getting anything special. Hungry Bear BBQ was on a whole 'nother level. I felt like I was eating something "original"; something "home-made"; that kind of feeling you can only get at a hole-in-the-wall sole-proprietorship. Don't expect to be dazzled by decor. This place is about good food, not ambiance. The ribs I got were very good and had plenty of meat on them. Like other reviewers have said there is very little, if any, sauce on them. I tried them first plain and they were delicious but I admit I like sauce and I found their sauces to be decent but not great. Bottom line: I'll be making a stop here every time I'm in Gatlinburg.

• Visited October 2011