“Funky fun!!!”

Mellow Mushroom
Ranked #45 of 210 Restaurants in Gatlinburg
Price range: US$ 8 - US$ 12
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Mellow Mushroom Pizza Bakers serves up the best hand tossed, baked-on-the-stone, and gourmet pizzas in the Smoky Mountains! Locally owned and operated. The unique, eclectic feel of Mellow Mushroom has a come-as-you-are atmosphere. Only the freshest ingredients are used, focusing on quality food and exceptional customer service. The menu offers a creative variety of pizzas, hoagies, salads, calzones, appetizer, vegan options. There is even gluten free crust available. Large Party Friendly * Private Banquet Room * Large climate Controlled Patio * Full Bar * 30 Flat Panel TVs * Fun Staff
Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

Kid friendly, also has a bar. It seems like it takes more than normal, to get you’re food. It is Good food. The atmosphere is always neat. the servers are fun! Characters definitely.
* Must try there bruschetta
It seems a bit pricey to me.But we enjoy it now and again.
* Bonus: they deliver!!! Good food, gourmet pizzas.

Eric S, General Manager at Mellow Mushroom, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2017

Thank you for your stellar review! With the time it takes to get your pizzas. We do hand toss and stone back our pizzas so it does take a little longer then what other pizzas places take due to our special way of making them. We normally run about 30 minutes from order to table for pizzas. Thank You

Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

As popular as this place is I really expected better. The first time we visited we felt that it was ok. We visited the newer Gatlinburg location today, still not impressed. The prices aren't terrible and the atmosphere is fun but the food is less than mediocre in my opinion.

Thank you for your feedback. We normally get stellar reviews on our food. But at the end of the day. We understand we are not for everyone. Thank you for stopping by

Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

We ate her for a late dinner. Around 8pm. We had been wondering around Gatlinburg all day and honestly just wanted a good pizza for dinner. We had a short wait for a table. Our waitress was polite, but a little hard to understand. We ordered the garlic bread appetizer. Very plain. It's a piece of bread with cheese. No flavor. We ordered one medium pizza. We waited nearly an hour before they brought it out to our table. It was nothing like what I expected. The crust was amazing, but other than that it wasn't very good. Disappointment.

Thank you for your review. We normally run on average around 30 minutes for one of our pizzas to get from order to table so the hour wait is completely unacceptable. My apologies for that.

Reviewed 12 October 2017

I have been advised by many friends to try a Mellow Mushroom and while on vacation my husband and I visited the Gatlinburg location for lunch. It was extremely dark for mid day and we actually had to use our phones to be able to read the menu. The service was ok the food was decent and really needed more sauce everything seemed really dry. The service was average and the restaurant was clean from what we could tell in the dark.

Strange.. We are on an automated light deeming system. Which keeps the lights full brightness till around 5pm. My apologies for the dimness you experienced.

Reviewed 11 October 2017

I did not intend to stay in this restaurant for any length of time; we wanted to phone and order, then pick up. I called twice, let it ring for 1 min each time; no answer. Thus I found myself walking there in the rain to place an order. When I arrived, they were remarkably unapologetic for my failure to reach them. I ordered, was told that it would take 30 min to prepare. I left and returned, since the decor could be described as "industrial" = horrible. Not an inviting place, ugly and loud. I picked up the food and told my story to the manager, who seemed unimpressed, and certainly didn't apologize. Upon consuming dinner in the motel room, we discovered that the food (pizza, what else) was really very average quality.
Conclusion: there must be better pizza places to go to in Gatlinburg.

Eric S, General Manager at Mellow Mushroom, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2017

My apologies for our decor. We are a very unique location and some people just will not enjoy our type of trippy decor. I am sorry you had to wait since we did not answer your phone call when you called. I will pass that feedback onto our service manager. Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback.