“Disappointed”
Review of Dick's Last Resort

Dick's Last Resort
Reserve with OpenTable
Dick's Last Resort is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #85 of 207 Restaurants in Gatlinburg
Price range: US$ 8 - US$ 23
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Dick is the ornery, politically incorrect curmudgeon who started this whole thing. Dick's Last Resort is known for its outrageous, surly, and energetic servers who dish out good grub, cold booze, and heaping helpings of sarcasm. From high-class to no-class, Dick's is fun for all and all in fun! The servers are always entertaining, and if yer unlucky enough, you may even catch a little live music. There's never a dull moment, which is exactly how Dick's earned its infamous reputation!
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We came here to celebrate a couple of birthdays. Service was slow. We had three families at dinner and my entire family got their food before everyone else did. Our food was cold and had to send back. Spent way too much money for a $2 dinner! Manager didn’t seem to concerned. Never again will I eat here.

DicksGatlinburg, Manager at Dick's Last Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2018

Hi! I am sorry to hear that we were unable to meet your standards during your visit. I would like to know more about your experience. Please call me at your convenience. (865) 277-6953

Reviewed 1 April 2018

Food here was great! Not really a place I would take small children; the staff is fun and easy to cut up with, but some go a little over the top with the rudeness. The paper hats are hilarious and the do typically make sure of the ages first. You really pay more for the entertainment than the food...

DicksGatlinburg, General Manager at Dick's Last Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2018

Thanks so much fer your feedback! Come back and see us the next time you’re in the neighborhood and we’ll give ya another positively bad time!

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

My husband and I arrived and did not know it was community eating, everyone sits next to strangers. Sometimes I am ok with that but the hostess tried to sit me next to a very large woman whose huge purse was taking up my part of the table and would not budge, I asked her if we could sit somewhere else. She was naturally rude about it, I apologized and said if she forced me to sit there then we would have problems and not the kind she would want. She reluctantly moved us to the far end, we were not harassed by our server. I cannot say the same for others.

I ordered the crab legs, it came with a decent cup of melted butter but mine had a taste of butter. It took me 5 minutes to ask someone for more butter. I am use to working for my food but trying to get the meat out without a cracker was difficult and caused a few small cuts on my fingers. By the time I got my butter and injured myself the meat was cold.

Parents, this is not the place for your children. It will teach them bad manners, create bad habits and they may be offended and cry.

DicksGatlinburg, Manager at Dick's Last Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2018

Reviewed 23 March 2018

Being a huge fan of sarcasm and comedy, I figured this would be the joint for me...I was wrong. Nobody here is funny or has a clue on how to execute sarcastic remarks. Just being brash and outwardly rude isn't a skill or even a desirable trait to have. Whomever may be a hiring manager at these joints may want to consider putting someone in place that is skilled at left-handed compliments, snide remarks and witty jabs....and still be able to serve a decent cheeseburger.

2  Thank Spankin_Elroy
DicksGatlinburg, Manager at Dick's Last Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2018

Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

We have ate at several locations. We usually love it!! Our server wasn’t fun to the point we asked for another. It’s all about the rude and crude. Not just straight up bad service. Our next server was better until she threw a bottle cap that hit me in the eye and caused an abrasion at the end of our meal. The food was ok. We go for the fun and not so much the food. It was terrible. Go to another location if you are in the area. There is one PF.

2  Thank tarah t