New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Arcadia

Arcadia
Ranked #9 of 17 Fun & Games in Gatlinburg
More attraction details
Owner description: Gatlinburg's Largest Family Fun Arcade Attraction. Enjoy 145 of the newest amusement games, Lazer Runner, Hurricane Simulator, Largest Redemption Prize Center in the area. Established late 2009 after the construction of the new multicolored facade. Located below the Gatlinburg Space Needle and beside Slice Pizza Bakery. Don't miss out on all the fun Arcadia has to offer you on your next visit to Gatlinburg, Tennessee!
Savannah, Georgia
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Games are pricey but good selection”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

though the games are a bit pricey, they have a good selection of games

Visited March 2012
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Tupelo, Mississippi
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Always have fun in Arcadia!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2012

This a very fun arcade with a huge variety of games! Great way to spend a few hours! Fun for all ages!

1 Thank iheartbassets3
Athens, Georgia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Pretty good fun.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2012

We went because the kids would like it and other reviews said their child won a wii. Well you have to win 250,000 tickets for that. My daughter won a jackpot of 10,000 tickets but the machine ran out and the game attendent would not give her all her tickets so that was not fair. She didnt complain though, each child had $40 to spend and they give you $5 for spending $20 so that was good. They spent a long time spending that much money. My daughter ended up with 8,000 tickets and my son with just over 1,000 and they each had the same amount of money so I can imagine you would have to spend a LOT of money to get 250,000 tickets. Other than that it was fun for the kids. About what would be expected of any arcade. Some machines were not working but that is expected also.

Knoxville
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Awesome Arcade, gets better every visit.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2012

Our family normally visits Gatlinburg several times a year. With each visit the Arcade improves from the previous visit. There are alot of new games since our visit last summer. We purchased our tokens online this visit. It was great to pay for everything up front and just show up and get our tokens. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Thank you Arcadia for helping make our vacation fun.

Visited January 2012
1 Thank knxan
Dayton, Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Don't Buy Tokens Online! You will be very unpopular.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2012

We were visiting over Thanksgiving & I had pre-purchased tokens online - $50.00 worth. And the website touted a "bonus gift" for ordering online. Upon arriving at the arcade I approached the counter and showed my receipt for the purchase. Immediately the guy behind the counter rolled his eyes and started "him hawing" around almost as if he was getting ready to tell me they wouldn't honor it. After a moment, he took off to the back of the arcade, didn't speak a word and acted very disgruntled that I had purchased online and that I was making him go out of his way - you know, to do his job. I was more of an annoyance than a valued customer. Then once he returned to the front desk he and the girl behind the desk stood there whispering to each other regarding my transaction. He silently and irritatingly counted out the tokens for my $50 purchase. There was no bonus gift - the only bonus I got was leaving the arcade once we used all the tokens up. Customer service skills are not a pre-requisite for employment here. Regarding the games - skiball is there and there are a couple of car video games and one cool "shoot 'em up zombie" game and air hockey, other than that, you'll waste your tokens on those "claw" machines and others of the like. We won't be going back.

Visited November 2011