Old Creek Lodge
US$ 149
US$ 144
  • Pool
Quality Inn & Suites Gatlinburg(Gatlinburg)(Great Value!)
US$ 80
QualityInn
US$ 115
Bearskin Lodge on the River Hotel(Gatlinburg)(Great Value!)
US$ 219
US$ 179
Holiday Inn Express Gatlinburg Downtown(Gatlinburg)(Great Value!)
US$ 133
Gatlinburg Inn(Gatlinburg)
US$ 131
Hotels.com
Courtyard Gatlinburg(Gatlinburg)(Great Value!)
US$ 134
GardenInn.com
Bent Creek Golf Village(Gatlinburg)(Great Value!)
US$ 168
US$ 149
US$ 202
Hampton.com
All reviewsfairfield inngas fireplaceroom was cleantile showerhardwood floorsthe main dragober gatlinburg tramwithin walking distancecovered parkingprivate balconyrushing watergreat place to stayfree breakfastrooms are largedefinitely stay here againgreat roombiscuits and gravy
Reviewed 1 April 2012

We went for our 2nd trip to Old Creek Lodge this past week to take advantage of the buy one night get one free offer for winter. Their computer systems are a bit complicated I guess because I couldnt make an online reservation for a 3rd night when I already had a reservation for the BOGO offer. I called in, and they had a hard time doing it on their end as well. They ended up setting me up for a 2nd reservation and I was told to check out and then back in on Friday. I did, but then we returned later that day to our keys not working in the door and we had to go get them reactivated. Then at 11pm that night the night auditor called up to our room to confirm someone was in the room because whoever checked me in earlier didn't mark us as checked in. A bit confusing there, so they may need to make sure they know how to use their computers.

You really can't beat the rooms for the value. A king whirlpool with a fireplace ranges from $60- $130/night depending on what kind of specials are going on. I've seen rooms with not near the amenities go for a lot more. The weekday rates are always way cheaper, so be sure to check ahead on their website to find which day is cheapest to avoid overpaying, but still at overpaying you'll likely pay less than the Hilton down the street for a similar room.
The staff was very nice as always. The room was clean. I used to clean hotel rooms myself so I always go through with a fine tooth comb. When we stayed here the first time in september, I found nothing at all wrong after going through the room. Everything was very much brand new. This time I did find a few minor things, a small hair left in the jacuzzi, a pin sized stain on the comforter, and some fraying on the towels. Typically I find way more than this in the higher - priced big chain hotels (most times asking for a new bedspread because it wasn't clean because most hotels do not clean the bedspread after every guest) so please do not take this as a big negative. I also noticed that most laundry is sent off site to be done, likely the reason that the small stain was overlooked and caused he extra wear on the towels.

The location was great, every morning we woke up to the sound of the river out our back patio. The walk into Gatlinburg was very pleasant, and we even found that the sidewalk on river road leads to a walking path right into the national park. You can walk right up to the national park sign and get a picture without having to wait for parking. I understand the path leads right to Sugarland visitor center. Very big plus.

The breakfast was very nice, Typical coffee, apple juice, orange juice, instant oatmeal and grits packets, doughnuts, muffins, cereal, and waffles. A more unique offering was biscuits and gravy in a crock pot. We ate breakfast there every morning and really enjoyed it.

Overall I do give a 4 out of 5, mostly because of the computer mishaps and not doing their own laundry. I would also be more impressed if there was a screen door on the balcony so i could leave it open all night and listen to the water.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mandy B
Reviewed 31 March 2012

First time staying here. We've stayed at other properties and this one was awesome and immaculate. Room was beautiful with stream view and awesome fireplace. All staff were extremely accomodating and helpful. Forgot some items and my request was followed up promptly as items will be shipped to my home. One of the few places that had a warm, clean pool open. We will definitely come back!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank RyanLS
Reviewed 27 March 2012

I read about a 100 reviews of more than 30 different hotels before choosing Old Creek Lodge. It was at the far end of the strip, but I liked that because we did not hear ANY street noise from our room. Our view of the stream was nice, even though across the stream was another hotel that had used it's balconies for storage, not a great site but tolerable. The room was beautiful and clean. Breakfast was good. The check in/front desk staff was very pleasant. My only issues were that on the second day, my phone charge which I left on the desk was mysteriously broken. It was not broken when we left in the morning to go out on our adventures. The next day as we were checking out, the hotel manager was YELLING at one of the housekeepers asking if he was laying down on one of the guest beds in a room he was supposed to be cleaning. He admitted he was laying around in their room instead of cleaning. I believe he probably used my cell phone charge and was responsible for breaking it. I brought that concern to the hotel manager and she happened to have a spare charge that fit my phone that someone left behind. She gave me that one to keep. The hotel was beautiful, the jacuzzi tub was awesome, but Escobar, our housekeeper, was beyond unprofessional. I'll stay at the hotel again most likely, but only if Escobar is no longer employed there. Who knows what else he did in my room.

Room Tip: Rooms further away from the check in office have a better view of the creek.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JugsBunnyBear
Reviewed 17 March 2012

We stayed here for two nights as a mini vacation for our family (me, husband and 3 yr old son). Checked in and were pleased to find a beautiful, good smelling, CLEAN room. I worked in a hotel for many years at the front desk and management so I notice when things aren't "right". The beds/pillows were very comfortable. We had an issue with the toilet and the desk clerk brought up a plunger within 5 minutes. Yes, we had to plunge it, but I'm ok with that and having been in her shoes I know when you are the only one working you simply can't be away from the desk that long. She was very friendly and the next morning put the Disney channel on the lobby tv for my son to watch while my husband gathered our breakfast. Not necessary, but a nice things to do. Great breakfast bar. The days we stayed breakfast consisted of DIY waffles, biscuits with gravy, cereal, bagels, muffins....nice selection. The housekeeper that cleaned our room was also very friendly. The location is great. We walked everywhere with a three yr old. To be totally nit picky I think it would be nice if they had trays at the breakfast bar, channel guide in the room (our tv didn't show channel on screen either so it was tricky finding things) and there was a small cobweb on our fireplace stone. Seriously those are the only negative things I could come up with and not even worth mentioning. Hope we are able to stay again and they keep up the cleanliness and great customer service!

Room Tip: We stayed in 401 and it was right on the intersection. Traffic noise didn't bother us as it tapered off during sleeping hours and the creek below drowned out some noise also. If you are sensitive to traffic noise stay on the other end of the building.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank stacy0w
Reviewed 10 March 2012

After my husband and I found this place in Gatlinburg he refuses to stay anywhere else. It's a jewel in the middle of hotels and motels that are dreadfully in the need of modernizing. This hotel is perfect in every area. The first time we stayed here we received a free aquarium ticket. The exterior is beautiful but, the interior is just as delightful and the staff is super friendly plus helpful. Can’t wait to go back!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple