“Great Place!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Elmhurst, Illinois
“Great Place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2012

First time staying here. We've stayed at other properties and this one was awesome and immaculate. Room was beautiful with stream view and awesome fireplace. All staff were extremely accomodating and helpful. Forgot some items and my request was followed up promptly as items will be shipped to my home. One of the few places that had a warm, clean pool open. We will definitely come back!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank RyanLS
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Savannah, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

I read about a 100 reviews of more than 30 different hotels before choosing Old Creek Lodge. It was at the far end of the strip, but I liked that because we did not hear ANY street noise from our room. Our view of the stream was nice, even though across the stream was another hotel that had used it's balconies for storage, not a great site but tolerable. The room was beautiful and clean. Breakfast was good. The check in/front desk staff was very pleasant. My only issues were that on the second day, my phone charge which I left on the desk was mysteriously broken. It was not broken when we left in the morning to go out on our adventures. The next day as we were checking out, the hotel manager was YELLING at one of the housekeepers asking if he was laying down on one of the guest beds in a room he was supposed to be cleaning. He admitted he was laying around in their room instead of cleaning. I believe he probably used my cell phone charge and was responsible for breaking it. I brought that concern to the hotel manager and she happened to have a spare charge that fit my phone that someone left behind. She gave me that one to keep. The hotel was beautiful, the jacuzzi tub was awesome, but Escobar, our housekeeper, was beyond unprofessional. I'll stay at the hotel again most likely, but only if Escobar is no longer employed there. Who knows what else he did in my room.

Room Tip: Rooms further away from the check in office have a better view of the creek.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank JugsBunnyBear
TN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2012

We stayed here for two nights as a mini vacation for our family (me, husband and 3 yr old son). Checked in and were pleased to find a beautiful, good smelling, CLEAN room. I worked in a hotel for many years at the front desk and management so I notice when things aren't "right". The beds/pillows were very comfortable. We had an issue with the toilet and the desk clerk brought up a plunger within 5 minutes. Yes, we had to plunge it, but I'm ok with that and having been in her shoes I know when you are the only one working you simply can't be away from the desk that long. She was very friendly and the next morning put the Disney channel on the lobby tv for my son to watch while my husband gathered our breakfast. Not necessary, but a nice things to do. Great breakfast bar. The days we stayed breakfast consisted of DIY waffles, biscuits with gravy, cereal, bagels, muffins....nice selection. The housekeeper that cleaned our room was also very friendly. The location is great. We walked everywhere with a three yr old. To be totally nit picky I think it would be nice if they had trays at the breakfast bar, channel guide in the room (our tv didn't show channel on screen either so it was tricky finding things) and there was a small cobweb on our fireplace stone. Seriously those are the only negative things I could come up with and not even worth mentioning. Hope we are able to stay again and they keep up the cleanliness and great customer service!

Room Tip: We stayed in 401 and it was right on the intersection. Traffic noise didn't bother us as it tap...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank stacy0w
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2012

After my husband and I found this place in Gatlinburg he refuses to stay anywhere else. It's a jewel in the middle of hotels and motels that are dreadfully in the need of modernizing. This hotel is perfect in every area. The first time we stayed here we received a free aquarium ticket. The exterior is beautiful but, the interior is just as delightful and the staff is super friendly plus helpful. Can’t wait to go back!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank torit83
Chattanooga, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

I am SO happy to have found the Old Creek Lodge! My husband & I just stayed the night there for a quick anniversary get-away and were thoroughly impressed. Not only did we get a good rate of $68 / night, but were extatic that we finally found an affordable place that is UPDATED! We stay one night in Gatlinburg every year for our anniversary, and every place we have stayed has had the same old dated decor. But our room at the Old Creek Lodge was VERY clean, tastefully updated, right on the creek, & had a fireplace and spa-bath tub in the room that we didn't even expect! Also, the beds were very comfortable. I LOVED the tiled shower and granite bathroom countertop! The flatscreen t.v. was very nice too. Not to mention ALL of the furniture and bedding. I could go on and on. Location couldn't have been any better either! Very convenient, yet right off of the busy strip. We were able to walk EVERYWHERE! We had a very good Ale steak at Calhoun's before heading back to our room after a day of roaming the streets. We really have no complaints at all! I know where we are staying everytime we go back to Gatlinburg in the future!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 209 and LOVED it!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple