“Beautiful Hotel, Odd Staff”
Review of Old Creek Lodge

Old Creek Lodge
Ranked #6 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Reviewed 27 March 2012

I read about a 100 reviews of more than 30 different hotels before choosing Old Creek Lodge. It was at the far end of the strip, but I liked that because we did not hear ANY street noise from our room. Our view of the stream was nice, even though across the stream was another hotel that had used it's balconies for storage, not a great site but tolerable. The room was beautiful and clean. Breakfast was good. The check in/front desk staff was very pleasant. My only issues were that on the second day, my phone charge which I left on the desk was mysteriously broken. It was not broken when we left in the morning to go out on our adventures. The next day as we were checking out, the hotel manager was YELLING at one of the housekeepers asking if he was laying down on one of the guest beds in a room he was supposed to be cleaning. He admitted he was laying around in their room instead of cleaning. I believe he probably used my cell phone charge and was responsible for breaking it. I brought that concern to the hotel manager and she happened to have a spare charge that fit my phone that someone left behind. She gave me that one to keep. The hotel was beautiful, the jacuzzi tub was awesome, but Escobar, our housekeeper, was beyond unprofessional. I'll stay at the hotel again most likely, but only if Escobar is no longer employed there. Who knows what else he did in my room.

Room Tip: Rooms further away from the check in office have a better view of the creek.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JugsBunnyBear
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Old Creek Lodge

Reviewed 17 March 2012

We stayed here for two nights as a mini vacation for our family (me, husband and 3 yr old son). Checked in and were pleased to find a beautiful, good smelling, CLEAN room. I worked in a hotel for many years at the front desk and management so I notice when things aren't "right". The beds/pillows were very comfortable. We had an issue with the toilet and the desk clerk brought up a plunger within 5 minutes. Yes, we had to plunge it, but I'm ok with that and having been in her shoes I know when you are the only one working you simply can't be away from the desk that long. She was very friendly and the next morning put the Disney channel on the lobby tv for my son to watch while my husband gathered our breakfast. Not necessary, but a nice things to do. Great breakfast bar. The days we stayed breakfast consisted of DIY waffles, biscuits with gravy, cereal, bagels, muffins....nice selection. The housekeeper that cleaned our room was also very friendly. The location is great. We walked everywhere with a three yr old. To be totally nit picky I think it would be nice if they had trays at the breakfast bar, channel guide in the room (our tv didn't show channel on screen either so it was tricky finding things) and there was a small cobweb on our fireplace stone. Seriously those are the only negative things I could come up with and not even worth mentioning. Hope we are able to stay again and they keep up the cleanliness and great customer service!

Room Tip: We stayed in 401 and it was right on the intersection. Traffic noise didn't bother us as it tap...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank stacy0w
Reviewed 10 March 2012

After my husband and I found this place in Gatlinburg he refuses to stay anywhere else. It's a jewel in the middle of hotels and motels that are dreadfully in the need of modernizing. This hotel is perfect in every area. The first time we stayed here we received a free aquarium ticket. The exterior is beautiful but, the interior is just as delightful and the staff is super friendly plus helpful. Can’t wait to go back!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank torit83
Reviewed 5 March 2012

I am SO happy to have found the Old Creek Lodge! My husband & I just stayed the night there for a quick anniversary get-away and were thoroughly impressed. Not only did we get a good rate of $68 / night, but were extatic that we finally found an affordable place that is UPDATED! We stay one night in Gatlinburg every year for our anniversary, and every place we have stayed has had the same old dated decor. But our room at the Old Creek Lodge was VERY clean, tastefully updated, right on the creek, & had a fireplace and spa-bath tub in the room that we didn't even expect! Also, the beds were very comfortable. I LOVED the tiled shower and granite bathroom countertop! The flatscreen t.v. was very nice too. Not to mention ALL of the furniture and bedding. I could go on and on. Location couldn't have been any better either! Very convenient, yet right off of the busy strip. We were able to walk EVERYWHERE! We had a very good Ale steak at Calhoun's before heading back to our room after a day of roaming the streets. We really have no complaints at all! I know where we are staying everytime we go back to Gatlinburg in the future!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 209 and LOVED it!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Laura M
Reviewed 21 February 2012

This is my favorite place to stay in 'Old' Gatlinburg. I stayed here when it was Fairfield Inn also, and it is improved........along with that is ahigher rate, but what can you expect?

Pros -- I love the fact that every room has a fireplace, a balcony and is RIGHT on a stream with trees at your fingertips -- no other place in Gatlinburg has this, where you face the stream is semi-private even, you can see another hotel, but it isn't on a street location - just adorable, and I love hearing the stream at night and first thing in the morning. The linens are so comfortable, plus and very pretty, and the decor is very cute/lodge like. Has all the amenities you need - micro, fridge, flat tv. The handicapped bathroom was great, new stone decor, walk-in shower etc. I also like the fact that you don't walk down a long corridor to your room, you can open your door and be outside, yet I felt safe there. This hotel is better than Bearskin except for the pool. Loved the pics in the room too - nice touch!

Cons - yes, I like the location for the stream and being away from traffic, but with that you lose the strip, it would be quite a walk to go to the aquarium or Pancake Pantry from here- as they are on the opposite end and the shuttle just doesn't work for those unable to walk up stairs. So, despite being in Gatlinburg, I ended up paying for parking when I wanted to go to the other end of the strip, which I did daily because the free breakfast here, is just not much - and with Pancake Pantry there -- you just have to go out for breakfast while on vacation. The bathroom sink was small too, but it woult be hard to remedy that, and since they just renovated, I doubt they will anytime soon. The pool is nothing either, but I wasn't interested in that. There is a small area near the elevator that they should do something with -- maybe expand the eating area/kitchen so that it has outside dining??? And they really should get a waffle maker for any kids that might be staying and for whatever reason unable to go to a restarant -- just don't eat at Bennett's BBQ!

Though the furniture was cute, I doubt it will stand up over time, and some of it was not functional.

Room Tip: Handicapped room had wonderful shower. Ask for AARP discount. Get room on lower floor, elevator get...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family