1,121 results
All reviews breakfast buffet outdoor pool glass elevator an older hotel the main strip flat screen tv trolley fall pavilion tn creek stream
Reviewed 12 July 2012

This is a very old hotel so don't expect luxury. The Rooms were large with great large glass windows and doors that open to a balcony to sit outside. The rooms were clean and the A/C was ICE COLD the way I like it. The hot water for the shower was was great and hot. Our room was 210 and the best in my opinion we had lots of trees off our balcony so the birds ate bread right in front of us. The pool was a very fun pool that was two levels opened until 11PM. The putt putt was free. The Breakfast buffet was $8.95 and was abundant in choice and delicious, The location was great and convenient to walk everywhere. Grocery Store was across the way. I booked this 4 hours before I showed up and got the room for $51.00 Taxes are high state and resort taxes so beware. Oh and one last thing Parking was FREE great deal in itself because parking in this town is expensive. This hotel is located two buildings down from the Gatlinburg Covention Center.

Room Tip: Pick room 210 or at least this side of the building there are prettier views with birds that come to your window.
2  Thank mpeacock_10
Reviewed 11 July 2012

In my opinion they should change the name of this place to hotel hell . From the time we arrived on 7/8/2012 when they informed us they had given are room to some one else , even though we had made reservation a month in advance . After listening to them for about hour passing blame from one person to the other they finally came with us another room . That had bugs on the bathroom floor . Then I had the pleasure of listening to my teen age daughter scream when she pulled a towel off the rack to freshen up and a bug fell out the towel on her . Then the fact of the toilet not working and it taking 3 calls and 3 different visits from the maintenance man to have a working toilet .
I'm disabled in a wheel chair is the reason for making the reservations so far in advance and is the reason it made it so hard when they gave our room away . They stuck me in a room at the back of the hotel that had cement just smeared in front of the door . My chair dug into the cement every time i went in or out of the door causing me pain and damage to my chair .The side walk going around to the indoor pool was so UN-level that my family had to hold me in my chair so I wouldn't fall out . The door going in this way had about a 3 inch lip that they simply laid a piece of metal against that was almost straight up . This caused damage to my chair and to me . The pavement going to the out side pool was was uneven sticking up over an inch in a lot of places making it a painful route as well .The ramp going into the pool area was sticking up over an inch made it painful and difficult as well .After approaching the front desk about these problems they suggested coming thru their parking lot to front and using that ramp . This route would force me to to go behind park cars and risk not being seen and possibly being run over , not to mention risking being hit by a car coming in to the hotel because this route led to the main entrance of the hotel .
After this I was at my braking point so I confronted the manager only to hear more of the blame game and a empty promise to find out what happened . I am not a weak person even with all my medical problems I still manage to buy bicycles and fix them up and sale them on Craig 's List all year long so I can afford to provide these simple pleasures for my family , so at less my disability do-sent hold them back . This place though made it hard if not impossible to do that and we had to end our trip early . So on the 5 star hotel rating system I would have to rate this hotel A MIN-ACE 10 STARS AND DISABILITY UNFRIENDLY at less to this disabled person . I will provide pictures of the bugs and the obstacles I had to face you make up your own mind , but I would also recommend if your planing a trip to Gatlinburg and this is the only hotel you can get or afford DON'T GO TO GATLINBURG !!!!!!

Room Tip: Don't stay here
3  Thank JimmyS29456
Reviewed 11 July 2012

Unless you want to be billed 3 Times the amount you book this place for I would recomend you not stay here. I booked this place online and when I got there i was told they didnt have any of the rooms I booked so I asked for my money back. I paid a total of 251.76 for the room for 3 nights and i never even stayed there and now I have a charge of 102.60, 95.76, and 251.76 on my credit card and Glenstone lodge want credit me back. To make matters worse I've been hung up on 3 times by them when I call to question these charges so I've had to file a disspute with my credit card company hoping to get my money back. I would never stay here If I were you this place is a real dump and looks absolutly nothing like the pictures.

Room Tip: There are alot cleaner and better places to stay. Dont let the cheap prices fool you its a real dump!!
4  Thank ckstewart20
Reviewed 6 July 2012

Older, but nice hotel in a great location. Awesome swimming pool area (heated jacuzzi, waterfall + kiddie pool)…Enjoyable stay.

Reviewed 5 July 2012

We were very pleased with how clean it was. It was, as stated by many, outdated but I thought that gave it some charm. It has a very cool 2 level indoor pool with a jacuzzi & waterfall. The kids loved it! There was also a nice outdoor pool. Plenty of parking, great location right off the strip. The breakfast buffet was a bit pricey @ $9/person but we did not try it. All in all, it was clean & convenient & all we needed it for was to lay our heads at night. I would stay again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family