My family and I stayed in a 3 bedroom, 2 bath cabin at this resort. The cabin was very attractive and had some very nice features like double granite sinks in both bathrooms and flat screen TVs in each bedroom. The cabin had a hot tub on the back enclosed porch and a Jacuzzi tub in the second floor bath.
The resort itself is about 10 miles outside of Gatlinburg, which was excellent since we were away from all the heavy traffic in the city itself. There is an outdoor pool which was nice in the August heat. They have a single tennis court available and horseshoe pits. They have an agreement with the resort not far down the road that has a small workout room you can use.
A Food City store is about 8 miles toward the city and was well stocked each time we were there. We used the Food City card we got when we signed up for the first time for discount gas, which is right next door to the store.
I really thought this place was clean and the managers, Johnny and his wife were super friendly. The only reason I didn’t give this an excellent is because the internet connection was a nightmare. It was down for the first two days altogether. I was later told that one of the residents in a cabin with a router booster had disconnected the device. But even after that it would go down constantly for periods or the signal was so weak you couldn’t connect. This was really not a big problem for me since I had no reason to use the internet, but my wife is taking internet college courses and was very anxious every time the internet went down.
Overall a great friendly place and would gladly stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Gatlinburg Cabins for Great Smoky Mountain Vacations.White Oak Lodge & Resort offers two-bedroom and three-bedroom fully furnished vacation log cabins. Each rustic vacation rental offers the staples of today’s modern lifestyles. Select three-bedrooms offer a whirlpool bath in the master suites, and most two-bedrooms have a loft game room with pool table. Kitchens feature stainless steel appliances and granite counter tops. Flat screen televisions with DVD players are in living rooms and bedrooms. A gas, stone fireplace lights with the flick of a switch. A screened-in back porch with hot tub and a front porch with two rocking chairs make this a comfortable Gatlinburg Vacation home.For family vacation fun, nothing beats the beautiful 17-acre White Oak Lodge & Resort. This log cabin resort is adjacent to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. Complementing the natural playground is the lodge and resort itself. Most noteworthy is the amazing swimming pool. You’ll swim and play while looking at the amazing Smoky Mountains. Water cascades over two stone grottos. In the evening, roast marshmallows by the fire pit. Plus, you can barbecue on the grounds, play tennis or enjoy walks around the property on the paved trail. When you’re ready to explore Gatlinburg, Tennessee or Pigeon Forge, TN, these family vacation spots are just down the road a piece. You’ll find kid friendly attractions like Dollywood®, Ripley's Aquarium of the Smokies, Ripley's Haunted Adventure, Gatlinburg Space Needle and Family Fun Center and Ober Gatlinburg just to name a few. Plus, horseback riding, white water rafting, zip lining and hiking abound in this incredible vacation destination. Make your Gatlinburg Vacation plans to stay at the White Oak Lodge & Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your White Oak Lodge & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- White Oak Hotel Gatlinburg
- White Oak Lodge And Resort