Review Highlights

Shell Lake, Wisconsin
More than just sweets!

Reviewed 20 August 2018
378chesterd

All reviews fudge truffle dark chocolate old fashioned candy in town north shore top notch chelsea flavor treats shop raspberry gifts sweets minnesota vicinity selection
Reviewed 27 August 2018

I'll be the first to admit that not all of the stores in Grand Marais have friendly and helpful staff, but this store was terrific. Despite being really busy, our clerk was the best we have seen for a long time. To top it off, the ice cream was really good. Here's where we'll go for our ice cream every time we are in GM.

chelogna, Owner at Gunflint Mercantile, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2018

Thank you so much for your kind review! We are so happy you had a pleasant experience and look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 20 August 2018

We've visited this store more than once to satisfy a sweet tooth craving. The fudge is absolutely great, and you'll find some candy that you will not see elsewhere! They also have different coffees and soup kits. Our last trip there, as we were staying in a cabin with a stove, we bought the soup kit for the Wild Rice and Barley soup. Absolutely delicious and we had soup each night we could warm up on those chilly nights! Absolutely a great store to visit!!

chelogna, Owner at Gunflint Mercantile, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2018

Thank you so much for your very kind review! So happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit and your goodies! Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 14 August 2018

When I am in Grand Marais, I always stop by to see what delicious new treats Chelsea has made. She never disappoints. Her truffles are simply the best and she is always experimenting with new flavors. The new Key Lime truffle just surpassed my favorites of dark chocolate blueberry and raspberry! All of them are very good and her fudge is the best! Chocolate lovers, you don't want to miss this stop!

Reviewed 30 July 2018 via mobile

This fantastic fudge and sweets shop will satisfy your cravings. The delightful owner and staff are knowledgeable about their goodies, so any questions get answered. I'll take one of each, please.

Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

the staff are so friendly. we came in to buy fudge, AND now we make the store a regular part of our trip.

Reviewed 28 July 2018 via mobile

We have always had a great experience and it is always one of our first stops in beautiful Grand Marais. We love their delicious fudge and unique products. The staff is friendly and helpful. Don't ever change! We love the Gunflint Mercantile!

Reviewed 28 July 2018 via mobile

I have been going to Gunflint Mercantile for the 4 years every time I make a trip to Grand Marais, the fudge is amazing and the staff are top notch. It is always on my must do list. Give it a try and you will not be disappointed

Reviewed 28 July 2018 via mobile

I visit Grand Marais and the North Shore once every summer, and have for the past several years. Gunflint Mercantile is one of the places that I look forward to visiting EVERY trip! I get my haul of fudge along with a sweet treat (usually a peanut butter cup!) to eat once I leave the storefront and head out to continue my stroll around town. Stop in and see for yourself! In addition, I have even gone so far as to order fudge from the online store and have it shipped to my home in South Dakota to feed my nostalgia and sweet tooth as I long for summer on the shore when I can visit again! Both in-store and online customer service is always top notch!

Reviewed 28 July 2018 via mobile

Awesome place! Awesome old school candy, fudge, ice cream, and gifts. The staff is wonderful and friendly. Highy recommended. We locals love this place, it is my son's favorite place to go.

Reviewed 27 July 2018

We come in every chance we get. Gunflint Mercantile has the best fudge, fun gifts, and tasty ice cream in the summer! We have some favorite fudge flavors, but I don't think we've ever had one we haven't liked - and we've tried most of them! S'mores made with the fudge are one of our favorite treats (especially the maple bacon and sea salt flavors).