“How can so many things go so wrong?”

Glen Canyon Steak House
Ranked #48 of 60 Restaurants in Page
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 12 July 2017

After a long day of travel we were looking forward to a traditional western steak meal. Due to the high prices, we chose other menu items. The salad bar had 6 offerings: canned garbanzo beans, wilted lettuce, grated tasteless cheese, canned peaches, old dried-out orange slices, sliced black olives on the verge of spoilage, and unrecognizable unlabeled old dressings. The salad plates were the size of saucers and the cleanliness was questionable. The $9 glass of wine we ordered arrived half full because they had run out of that wine and we were assured that the other half of the glass would be served after they went to the liquor store to get more. After two requests for the second half of the glass, it arrived after the meal was finished. The cream of potato soup was served lukewarm and had to be sent back and arrived the second time lukewarm. The meat of the turkey burger was gray, spongy, and tasteless. The french fries tasted old and dry. The best meal between the four of us was the Rainbow Trout which was satisfactory. Our waiter was young, eager to please, but inexperienced. In conclusion, we found our experience the worst meal we've ever had.

1  Thank J W
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 7 July 2017

Right opposite our hotel, could hardly lave been more convenient. Plenty of parking but this is aimed at the tour buses trade.

The restaurant was empty, not a good sign. Service was slow. At least the main course includes access to the salad bar where a good range of items were on display. The food was rather food, good enough for us to visit on our second night - still very quiet. Unfortunately having ordered pork chops I received a rack of pork ribs. Having waited a long lime I did not have the heart to complain. I did enjoy them. But the slowness and lack of atmosphere caused us to go elsewhere on subsequent evenings.

Reviewed 26 June 2017

The established restaurant has a lounge with a full bar. My husband ordered a lemon drop and both the waitress and the waiter who was handling both the restaurant and bar had no idea what a lemon drop was. Instead they served him a shot of vodka with a lemon. No, Thank you. The rolls could be used for hockey pucks. The salad bar was just ok, nothing special. Lettuce was warm. I ordered Scallops and got 4 small scallops in a small bowl, baked potato with butter (no other condiments offered) and assorted yucky vegetables that I never touched. I left hungry. My husband ordered a steak and mashed potatoes. He said his was fair, nothing special.
It took forever to get our check. Our sweet inexperienced waitress didn't speak English well but really tried hard to accommodate. The older blond gal who came in the restaurant later in the evening rang our check.(We had to bring it to the counter like a diner) She never greeted him and said Thank you, I don't know how this restaurant has stayed in business so long. Probably because it relies on tourists who try it once and never come back. BIG WASTE OF MONEY!

1  Thank Carol S
Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

Service was fast and people seemed friendly and my steak was cooked just right. But, the prices seemed high and the salad bar was very lacking. If there is another trip here we most likely not eat here.

Reviewed 17 May 2017 via mobile

We had dinner while staying at Page and we had a very good experience. Our dinner was very good and enjoyed it very much. I had a top serlion with baked potato, vegetables, and salad. I must say my dinner was excellent, steak done just right and flavorful. The wife's dinner of shrimp scampi was equally good. Don't let anyone fool you this is a good place. Thanks for all the service to the staff.

Been to Glen Canyon Steak House? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK