“Upper Antelope Canyon by Overland Canyon Tours” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Overland Canyon Tours - CLOSED

Overland Canyon Tours
Rotterdam, Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Upper Antelope Canyon by Overland Canyon Tours”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2012

June 23th 2012 me and my husband took the photographers tour to the Upper Antelope Canyon with Overland Canyon tours. Our guide was Nate. As two other people didn't show up for the tour, we had a 'private' tour. But I have to start with saying Nate is the best!! I am an amateur photographer and I didn't start that long ago. So taking pics in a canyon, where light is different every time, is a challange for me! Well, if it wasn't for Nate, I wouldn't have the great pics I have now! They are amazing!! He helped me with the camara settings and showed me the best positions where to talke the photo from. Also made sure no one was standing in front of my camera (as it gets crowded now and then!) And then all the information he told us about the canyon and the surrounding land while driving to the canyon. Great info Nate!!
If you're ever in Page or surroundings, go to Overland Canyon tours and take a photographers tour with Nate! He'll make the experience unforgettable!!

Visited June 2012
1 Thank eb1970
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Amazing experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2012

Overland canyon tours is definitely the way to go if you want to see the beautiful Antelope Canyon! We had tour guide, Bill, who told us the settings on our cameras that would best capture the canyon and he also pointed out all of the important photo sites and helped us get the best experience possible! Also with overland canyon tours you are guaranteed a small group which is so much easier than the large groups with other companies! The ride is quite bumpy on the trip there but it is well worth it once you see the canyon! I had a great time and got some great pictures.

Merrimack, New Hampshire
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Excellent tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2012

Wonderful experience. Overland keeps the groups small, my group just consisted of my wife and 2 daughters and myself. They also seem to shift the time from the "other" tour company just down the road which kept my group seperate from the crowd most of the time. Although the tour company seems to be a well organized and run business, it was really our tour guide Nate that made this an excellent trip. He worked hard at setting up good picture opportunities, knew where and how to get the good shots. He helped us with our point and shoot cameras, changing the settings and taking some of the pictures. He was aslo an interesting tour guide for the ride to and from the canyon.

The walking is rather easy and generally flat, other than people with walking disabilities, it should not be a problem. The canyon is cool and out of the sun. The only complaint is that the air conditioning did not seem to be working in the SUV, but the ride is not that long so it is tolerable. At first I thought the open air trucks of the other company might be nicer, but once I saw the dust, I was glad we were inside.

This trip is without a doubt worth the time and $$.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank DJNH
Lawrenceville, GA
60 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 78 helpful votes
“A magical experience and so much better than the other companies!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2012

First a disclaimer: NO matter which company you use, this is a MUST DO experience in Page. I don't care how crowded the other reviewers say it is - do it!

That being said, I am SO glad that I chose Overland Canyon Tours for our first visit in Upper Antelope Canyon. I really was confused by all the choices so here is the bottom line. If you want an enclosed, more confortable drive through the 3 mile, very bumpy dry wash to get to the canyon, chose Overland Canyon tours. They use a Chevy Surburban with 4 wheel drive and no more than 6 people. If you want to be in an extremely dusty open air back-end of a pick up truck on bench seating with 15 of your new best friends, look elsewhere. If you want to be rushed through the canyon in a large group with no individual attention or time for questions, again, look elsewhere.

Nate, our tour guide with Overland, was attentive to the photographers in our group, helping us get great shots that we would not have noticed, taking photos of our group in the canyon, and providing informative info on the area. We were so pleased when we saw the condition of the other tours that we had made this choice. There are moments when you have to pass or wait for the larger groups in the canyon, but Nate did a great job of timing it so that we frequently were the only people around to take as many pictures as we liked. I would HIGHLY recommend this tour and just FYI - You don't have to go at peak times to get great photos. In early June, I got great photos on the early tour of the day! A truly magical experience and the best part of our 10 day tour of the Grand Circle!

Visited June 2012
2 Thank KSC77
Kamloops, Canada
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Beautiful, unusual slot canyon not to be missed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2012

Luckily when we went to the tourist info place and signed up for a tour of Antelope Canyon we got on with Overland Canyon tours. Our guide Nate was exceptional in his job..... information on the history of the area ( present and past ) and his photographic ability and setting up of pictures as well as taking the best if not most ours. It is a short canyon (900 feet) and other tours going through also so Nate keeps you on track "Nate's group here" was the call. Observing the other group/guides we definitely got the premier one with Nate and Overland tours. Amazing formations and light in the canyon.

Visited May 2012