“More than 5 star quality meals”

Glacier Bay Country Inn Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 7 Restaurants in Gustavus
Price range: US$ 45 - US$ 45
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Open to the Public - whether you're staying at our lodge or somewhere else in Gustavus, take a break from the norm and come be our guest for the evening. Enjoy fine Alaska cuisine and great service you wouldn't expect from such a remote location. Choice of two entrees each night. Examples are Prime Rib, Roasted Duck, Fresh Halibut, All you can Eat Dungeness Crab and more **please call before 4:00pm to make reservations**
Reviewed 16 September 2015

Hands down the best place to eat in Gustavus and Glacier Bay area. I have never had bread as good, soups as amazing and main dishes as I have here. I have traveled the world too, and its funny that some of the best meals I have eaten have come out of a small little nowhere town in Gustavus Alaska. The doughnuts are some of the best I have ever had too. Basically, anything I have ever eaten here has been amazing and I highly recommend anyone visiting the area give them a try. Some of my favorites include Tri Tip, Southwestern Halibut, Pork Tenderloin & Pork ribs. You will be lucky if you are there when any of those have been prepared.

Reviewed 15 September 2015

The food and atmosphere at the Glacier Bay Country Inn is flat out amazing! I just returned home from a week long trip and can't think of a single meal I didn't absolutely love. Every morning before heading out for a long day of fishing, we were filled with some of the best homemade donuts I've ever eaten (hot out of the oven). Upon returning each evening, we were greeted with amazing meals such as southwestern halibut, ribs, steaks and grilled chicken. The soups were some of the best I've ever had...especially when dipping their homemade bread! And each meal finished with a five star dessert. In particular I love the creme brulee. Hats off to the chef and the entire staff at GBCI!

Finally, I'll never forget dining while overlooking some of the most beautiful scenery on the planet. We saw black bears and geese all while eating and watching the lush green runways that are positioned perfectly outside the bay windows of the restaurant!

Reviewed 15 September 2015

The food was absolutely phenomenal! The scenery was beautiful and there were occasional bear and other wildlife sightings from the window. Each meal was served with hot fresh baked bread that melted in your mouth. I had an option between 2 main dishes (fresh fish or other meat) each night with a tasty homemade dessert. I dined at the resturaunt 7 straight nights and never left an ounce of food on my plate. The portions were large and the service was extraordinary. The Chef always made a point to stop by each night and make sure we were more than satisfied with the food. It simply doesn't get better than this and I can't think of a better way to end each day in Gustavus!

1  Thank Shane R
Reviewed 6 August 2015

The food was credible and basically well prepared. The environment was a fine country setting and the service was good. This was a pleasant but not special experience.

1  Thank baywanderer
Reviewed 29 July 2015

...that was delicious. Chef Jon is a magician and you will not go hungry while dining (or staying) at GBCI. I have traveled many places and enjoyed more than my share of wonderful dishes, but it is no exaggeration to say that I experienced multiple "of my lifetime" meals with Chef Jon. Everything he prepared was adventurous, rich, nuanced, and freaking delightful. To top it all off, following our Saturday engagement Chef Jon INSISTED on getting up at 430am on Sunday to make Eggs Benedict for my fiance and I before our 6am flight. What a chef. What a dude!

1  Thank DANIEL S