“Bar and lunch”

Ranked #1 of 15 Restaurants in West Glacier
Price range: US$ 15 - US$ 50
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Belton Chalet Dining Room provides innovative Montana Cuisine. Our Chef uses local organic seasonal ingredients, Montana raised beef and fresh fish and seafood. We offer gluten free & vegetarian dishes along with nightly specials. The Belton Taproom & Dining feature Montanan craft beers, special cocktail and a distinctive wine menu. Seasonal outdoor seating, private dining room. A culinary experience not to miss. The Belton will reopen for the following summer season on May 26, 2018, see you next year!
Reviewed 13 September 2018 via mobile

We had the opportunity to got there twice. Had dinner there first. Had bread appetizer,salad lamb and trout dinners. All were well prepared but the entrees could have been hotter. Lamb was chefs choice and it was lamb shanks. There were good but if they feature local lamb I would expect a better cut of lamb. The trout was good and presented well. The salad was very good, fresh and not overly dressed. Crime burlee was good but could have done with out the smoke.
Went back for bar snack the next day. Had the lamb burger and the pork belly sandwich. Both were very good but I doubt it was actually pork belly. It was very good but I am sure it was pork butt not pork belly. Pork belly is much more fatty. But everything tasted great and that is what is important.

Reviewed 9 September 2018

Visited after a day at the park, after recommendations from a couple park employees. They were right, it is the best restaurant in the area. The menu is varied with something for each of us. The appetizers and main course were expertly prepared and unbelievably delicious. The chef came out and ask us if everything was ok.. He explained how local foods were used and some information about our meals. Very nice guy and all the servers were pro's. If you're in the area and want the best, this is it.

Reviewed 8 September 2018

Excellent - salad was fantastic. Fish options delicious Even Morel mushrooms on one of the dishes ..yum. Pasta was okay so only reason for the 4. Charming, Historical, One of the best dinners we had on the whole trip.

Reviewed 6 September 2018

I had Salmon with Morel mushrooms, fiddlehead ferns, peas, and beans in Bearnaise sauce. All very good. My daughter had charcuterie (sliced meats) and cheese with berries. She had so much she shared with the rest of our five-person group. My wife's cousin Jean had Trout culture, Rainbow Trout and rated it superb. Her husband had the chef''s cut lamb with a side of mashers. For dessert, my wife and daughter had the citrus crumb cake with huckleberry sauce. It was somewhat expensive but everyone agreed the meal was excellent. The service was also proficient. The setting is a beautiful historic building.

Reviewed 5 September 2018

We ate at this restaurant with two of our kids, and one is a pretty picky eater. If you look at the menu, you can see why this probably wasn’t the best idea for this particular kid. However, the rest of us REALLY enjoyed our meals. Negatives: We visited on a boiling hot day, and the restaurant doesn’t have AC. We sat outside. It was still hot, but it was cooler than inside. The menu is pretty limited, and it’s pricey. This is not surprising at all for this area, so just go with it if you want a one of a kind experience, or find somewhere else to eat. Positives: The building is so cool. There just aren’t a lot of places like this around, and the details are gorgeous inside and outside. You feel like you’ve taken a step back in time when you’re here. The food was delicious. We ordered the bread plate as an appetizer, and it came with corn fondue. It doesn’t sound particularly good, but that stuff was so wonderful that we wanted to lick the bowl! I have no idea what the chef put in it, but I could eat that all day every day. We also ordered the charcuterie and cheese and for our entree the bison meatloaf. All were delicious. I even found an unusually good dry white wine which I never expected in a place that’s kind of remote like this. This would be a particularly great restaurant for a romantic dinner for two, and I’d love to go back, especially on a cooler day. Also, the wait staff was fantastic.