Loved this little resort of West Glacier! We arrived in the off season (early October '17) and were unable to make it up the "going to the sun" - road as it was closed for the season. (Snow and Forest Fire damage) - So it was a tough two days ahead without any way to really go up and into Glacier NP. But the folks at Great Northern were so helpful to show us several very cool side trips to take, and gave us a great map with excellent suggestions for driving scenic roads, how to get into the park via eastern entrance and a trail to hike once we got in the park. They took the time to leave us personalized notes the night before (we arrived late due to flight issues) along with the keys to our room and the rooms were fantastic! Rustic modern with spacious bathrooms and brand new beds. LOVED the serenity and quiet. Strongly recommend for those wanting to get out of the hustle and bustle of larger cities and more touristy spots.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Great Northern Resort, we offer 5 log cabins in different floorplans and 14 beautiful guest rooms in our brand new lodge, modeled after the Glacier Park Chalets. We aim to provide the perfect base camp for exploring the beautiful Glacier National Park. Enhance the quality of your Montana adventure vacation by staying in a custom made log cabin designed especially for you, or enjoying the shade on the wrap around deck on our lodge! Resort activities include whitewater rafting trips and fishing trips, yoga; as well as inflatable paddle board, inflatable kayaks and bicycle rentals. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda and Expedia so you can book your Great Northern Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Great Northern Hotel West Glacier
- Great Northern Whitewater Hotel
- Great Northern Resort West Glacier, Montana