Lowest prices for your stay
$140
Free cancellation until 15/10/22
Hotels.com
$140
Free cancellation until 15/10/22
HIExpress.com
$127
Free cancellation until 09/10/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
Priceline$139
Travelocity$140
FindHotel
All reviews cinnamon buns gila cliff dwellings exercise room room was clean second floor comfortable stay downtown area walmart elevator clerk chain dust hike
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 April 2022

POSITIVES

• Breakfast coffee good
• Bed was comfortable
• Staff were pleasant and helpful
• Close to Walmart – which has a gas station

NEGATIVES

• A dated property that is well used.
• Shower went cold while I was using it both mornings I was there. My shower was immediately ended due to cold water.
• Limited selection of food at breakfast: no cinnamon buns and only 2 oranges (both hard & old – Walmart’s oranges are far better).
• Away from the town center, restaurants and attractions
• Sound proofing from room above was poor – every foot step could be heard clearly.
• Internet connection dropped approximately every 20 minutes and required manual re-connection – gets very irritating
• A half-eaten slice of cake (from a previous guest) was in the fridge when I checked-in.
• Room carpet dark & dated.

CONCLUSION

Silver City needs a better hotel(s). Lack of competition is the route of the problem – especially from higher-end properties. This Holiday Inn is well overdue for a make-over and the lack of choice from the chains means that it can ignore the need to up-date.

Room tip: Top floor should have no movement from above
Date of stay: April 2022
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Silver City, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2022

Hello Joe_33,

Thank you for your stay at our Holiday inn Express Silver City and for taking the time to give us feedback. We are all about giving exceptional service to our guests and are committed to comfort in every way. I'm sorry there were a couple of issues you encountered that spoiled your stay. I know how letdown you must have felt. I'll share your sentiments with our hotel management team as their reference for improvements.

I hope we get the chance to serve you again and create a better experience for you in the future.

Warm thoughts,

Deborah R.

Reviewed 23 August 2021

We stayed there one night in July. The clerk was very nice and helpful and gave us a good recommendation on a restaurant.

The room was clean and the beds comfortable.

The A/C worked well, which was important on a very hot day.

The hallways and rooms were a bit dated - but, again, they were clean and comfortable.

Date of stay: July 2021
Reviewed 26 April 2021

Nice clean room but very average. Maybe overpriced, should have lowered rate for no pool, no exercise room and a very weak pandemic breakfast. I think they skimped on insulation during construction because we heard every footstep from room above us. The biggest issue we had was the water pipes. Every time the person upstairs or next door used water it sounded like a jet taking off, this woke me up several times overnight.

Room tip: Request room on top floor because of water pipe noise.
Date of stay: April 2021
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Silver City, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2021

Hi Bruce W,

I'm glad you provided a feedback. Thank you for choosing our Holiday Inn Express Silver City!

We are determined to give efficient and frictionless experiences to all our guests, but I read that there were hiccups that made this less of being one. I am sorry to learn about the issues encountered during your recent stay with us, particularly with the closed pool and fitness center, including the limited breakfast offerings. Though we strive to provide outstanding service, I am concerned that the pipe noise kept you awake at night. IHG Hotels & Resorts sincerely cares about your experience, and I appreciate your taking the time to let us know. I have shared your comments with hotel management, who responded with genuine concern for the impact this had on your stay. I know they appreciate you sharing your experience and am confident they will take steps so this doesn’t happen again.

We look forward to hosting you again for a chance to provide you with a much better experience.

Cheers,

June A.

Reviewed 19 April 2021

Our one night stay here was comfortable and we had no big complaints. The staff was very welcoming and efficient and our room was comfortable. The one negative we noticed was that the room had numerous areas with a buildup of dust that had not been touched in quite a long time (ie. top of dresser, top of TV, part of desk top). Regardless, this is a convenient place to stay in Silver City.

Date of stay: April 2021
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Silver City, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2021

Hi tenow,

Thank you for taking the time to write us your feedback from your recent stay with us.

I'm sorry that our housekeeping team failed to make sure that the room is spotless and ready. We always aim to provide the best comfort and service to all but fell short here. I have shared your concerns with the hotel management for their reference. I'm positive that they'll take the necessary actions to address the cleaning concerns and make future stays much better.

I hope you would choose us again and regain your confidence the next time you visit the area.

Regards,

Virgil N.

Reviewed 5 April 2020

We stay at a lot of Holiday Inn Express properties and we were NOT impressed with this one. We had a room with two queen beds which were comfortable. Check in was fast and efficient and the staff was friendly. The bathroom (in room 228) needs help. The ceiling was cracked and discolored above the bathtub and the shower was, at least for me, an adventure. When I tried to take a shower the water was spraying everywhere but I was unable to adjust the shower head when in the shower. I'm 5' 4" tall and my arm was about 3" too short for me to adjust the shower head. I turned off the shower, climbed on the edge of the tub (accident waiting to happen!) and adjusted the head. Even so the water still sprayed everywhere. In the room the outlet between the two beds didn't work, we could hear people walking above us, and hear people talking and the TV in the adjacent rooms. Can't in good conscience recommend this property to anyone.

Date of stay: October 2019
2  Thank TwinMom1995
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Silver City, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2020

Hello there TwinMom

Thank you so much for your review. Definitely there is some work to be done here. We will take a look at that bathroom and the rest of details ASAP. On the other hand and about the noise from nearby rooms, I will be forwarding your comment to our management so they can take proper action. This is by all means not the kind of experience we usually provide to our guests and I'm sad to see you got the wrong impression.

I hope you can give us another chance in the future to show you that we made some adjustments and of course what you describe is not the usual thing here.

Thank you so much for choosing us for your stay, although it wasn't as good as we wanted, we hope to see you again in the future, I'm sure everything will be much better. In the meantime, please take care and stay healthy during these difficult times.

Alejandro G.