Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.com$101
Priceline$101
Hotels.com$101
Travelocity$101
Agoda.com$101
Trip.com$118
All reviews art deco within walking distance bed was comfortable continental breakfast historic downtown front desk staff vintage hotel middle of town rooms are small king suite new mexico definitely stay here again gila national forest lobby elevator galleries charm
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 August 2022

This hotel needs lots of renovations! It’s very old with tiny bathroom and very old dated sink and tub. Even some chips in sink and tub. Bed was very springy and furniture needed updating! No coffee pot and no cable or satellite TV - couldn’t even watch CNN. The window AC unit was very noisy and didn’t work great!

The room was clean and staff were nice, but overall needs lots of work!

Date of stay: August 2022
Reviewed 28 June 2022

Historic property in the center of town, great location.

Unfortunately there's a need for some upkeep. The first room we were in was supposed to be a queen room suite with a pull out sofa. A very nice room but the pull out sofa was out of service permanently as it's been screwed in place not to open up. Apparently the front desk staff hadn't know this until we brought it to their attention. Staff then moved us. The only room left was a King bedded room. We took this room since we now needed a larger bed since the pull out sofa was not operational in the queen room. This room was also nicely decorated but then there was a problem with the AC not cooling off the room. This was the only large room left so we were stuck with it. We go to bed only to find that the mattress is worn out. Springs had too much wear to be a good mattress. No blackout curtains for the morning sun, only blinds. We slept really bad due to the mattress, uncomfortable room temperature, and then the morning sun coming in very early. It would be a great hotel if management would pay attention to details and replace worn out items.

Date of stay: June 2022
Reviewed 13 June 2022

Have you ever painted a room? To do it well, you need to spend more time than you'd think possible on surface preparation, and only then paint carefully. Looking around our room at the Murray, it was obvious that someone who cared had done the work. This was representative of everything we saw during our stay. My compliments, and appreciation. Is the Murray a slick, brand-spanking-new property? No -- if you're looking for that, check out the chains. But -- if you appreciate character (and location, location, location), the Murray is for you. Note: you will be parking on the street. Also note: the folks who used the elevator complained that it was slow; we took the stairs for exercise and to appreciate the cool railing.

Date of stay: May 2022
Reviewed 15 May 2022

My husband and I traveled to Silver City from Charlottesville, VA for my graduation from WNMU. The travel experience was horrendous and full of delayed and canceled flights. By the time we got to El Paso (around midnight), it was clear we were going to have to book a hotel there and were not going to make it to Silver City to keep our reservation for that night. We I called to let them know and ask if they could possibly not charge us for the room that night since we also had to pay for a room in El Paso, they were like, of course we won't charge you! I was amazed.
Then when we got there we were given a huge suite that was lovely. I loved the art deco decor and the city is super charming. For people not liking the size of the room, I would request one of their larger rooms...
I would definitely return to this hotel any time I visit my alma mater!

Room tip: Just ask for a larger room if that is what you want. Call the hotel directly and speak to a person that is actually there.
Date of stay: May 2022
Reviewed 4 April 2022

We were very much looking forward to our two nights at the Murray Hotel, having read about its renovation. There are indeed some Deco details that are nice. Our room was pleasantly decorated, clean, and the bed was comfortable. Being an old hotel, we expected the bathroom to be small; but wow, the toilet was so tight against the wall I don't know how a large person might maneuver it, and the sink actually extended over the tub a little bit. Water temperature and pressure was good. I didn't see evidence of air conditioning so if traveling in the hotter months it might be worth inquiring about.

We were there in the month of March and it seemed like there were only a handful of guests. I truly hope that the Murray garners enough bookings to make it. A continental breakfast was included and I hate to say it but it was extremely meager and even though I'm no coffee snob, it was the worst coffee I've had in years.

Maybe business hours in Silver City are different in the summer, but we were there on a Sunday and Monday and virtually nothing in town was open. Thank goodness the Western New Mexico University museum was open as it contains a treasure of spectacular Mimbres pottery.

Date of stay: March 2022