“The best!”

Price range: US$ 15 - US$ 30
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Fusion
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Description: "Casual Haute Cuisine." A blend of International Traditional Mediterranean & Mediterranean Fusion Cuisines. Adherents to the Slow Food Movement- all dishes are made from scratch to order. Largest Wine Cellar and Microbrew & Import Beer list in SWNM. Italian Espresso. We buy local, organic, sustainable & humanely raised produce and meats with no hormones or antibiotics. All dishes come in 3 sizes to create the dining experience you desire. Enjoy the full Seasonal Menu in our dining room or have a selection of tapas in our Wine/Beer/Espresso Bar. Members of the SW New Mexico Green Chamber of Commerce.Find us & Chef Shevek on Facebook, ChefShevek on Twitter or read Shevek's blog & get recipes at blogspot as thekissmethodgourmetCooking class schedule- taught at the restaurant- and the list of our canned foods are available through thekissmethodgourmet
Reviewed 20 July 2012

We first dined at Shevek's two years ago and vowed to return when we came back to Silver City to see the Gila Cliff Dwellings (thankfully not damaged by the recent fires!) again. This time we dined at Shevek's two nights in a row--the menu is diverse and plentiful enough to do that. Enjoy the tapas-size so that you can taste more choices:)! The pate was superb; the garlic chicken and pork with wild mushrooms were divine; my husband loved the kibbe--cooked and crispy---and the tuna tartare. The vino verde was really smooth, and I was glad to see that they still served a black muscat. The second night I had the apricot ice roll--European-style cake (meaning dense and not American fluffy) with an apricot filling. I really wanted to lick the plate!
Shevek's is a true find, and we are always thrilled to find this gem still thriving. AND, we dined like royalty without spending a fortune!!

There are newer reviews for Shevek & Co

Reviewed 8 July 2012

Everything was excellent - service, food, drink. Our experience at Shevek's felt like a special occasion. Really impressed that there were many vegan options - all delicious. Chef Shevek noticed our selections and came out to the table to let us know that he always has fresh, vegan selections on his menu year round. I'll definitely return.

Reviewed 19 June 2012

Shevek & Co. came very highly recommended by friends and we were not disappointed. It is a foodie’s idea of heaven. Chef Shevek actually comes to you tables, discusses your likes and dislikes, and creates a simply magical meal with taste combinations that amaze. My husband and I shared 5 tapas – each unique and delicious. My favorite – Spanish goat cheese and blood oranges served with an herbed dressing. Each selection was paired with wine or beer for a perfect meal. The service was attentive and very pleasant. Shevek & Co. creates a dining experience – not just another meal on the road.

Reviewed 4 June 2012

we've been no less than a dozen times over the past 10 years or so. some meals have been outstanding, some just okay, never bad food. the service is just plain silly. in NYC the service might be appreciated but here its just not. snooty and often condescending. go for a good meal, ask for privacy and then hope they leave you alone so you can enjoy the food.

2  Thank keksc1964
Reviewed 28 May 2012

First of all I would like to say the service was exceptional. We were paid attention to and everything was explained to us as needed. The food was excellent. My wife ordered New York Strip with blue cheese sauce and was possibly the best steak she ever had. I ordered 3 plates of the tapas size. Duck, lamb, and curried shrimp. All three were outstanding. The unique flavors were a nice change from your everyday, "on vacation" restaurants. The wine and beer menu was extensive. Was a little pricey for what I expected to pay in Silver City but was well worth it. We will visit again next time we visit.