The Tillary Hotel
Hotel Indigo(Brooklyn)
NU Hotel(Brooklyn)
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
All reviewsbeer gardenmanhattan bridgedazzler hotelexecutive suitenew yorkflatbush avenuebusy intersectionglass doorroom facinghotel locatedtrendy hotelfront desk staffextra towelsminute walklobby areajay streeteasy access to manhattan
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

While the staff is quite friendly, as a “ boutique” hotel you would expect nicer amenities and more personalized attention . The housekeeping needs to be more supervised. The “cafe” offers a limited but nice selection of food and beverage and is very well attended .

Room Tip: Not enough closet space , no drawers , chairs are flimsy . Avoid rooms facing the avenue due to noise
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
FrontDesk_GM, General Manager at The Tillary Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

We appreciate your feedback as it helps us improve for future visits. It's nice to know that our onsite cafe provided you a satisfying meal. While we're glad our friendly staff made you feel welcome, we're sorry you felt they could have been more attentive. Further, we're sorry for any disappointment with the housekeeping staff and we'll pass your comments along to them. We'll keep your comments in mind moving forward and we hope you'll come stay with us again the next time you're in town.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Such a wonderful surprise! My husband found out pretty late that he’d be off for the long weekend, so we planned a quick trip to NYC for Easter weekend.

I was nervous there’d be no rooms available anywhere in the city let alone nice places for a reasonable price. I found this gem in the neighborhood I love (near Dekalb Avenue and all major transit) and was shocked by the price being so affordable, I almost didn’t book (too good to be true, right?).

Right when you walk in, the accommodations you can tell are amazing and clean/like new. The service was extremely friendly and although we arrived way before check-in, they had a room ready to go for us! Wifi is free and checkout is at noon so you can really rest up. If you don’t need housekeeping, they had a funny little sign for the door “Nope”. I thought that was cute.

The breakfast you have to pay for but it looked pretty good/reasonable. As I’m from BK, I ate elsewhere but didn’t need to.

The ONLY downside was the shower had one of those half-doors so the water was all over the floor and only my second shower head (the removeable one) was working, but other than this tiny thing, it was amazing.

I only hope they can keep this quality at these prices. I can’t believe I’ve ever stayed anywhere else. I will be making this my go-to hotel when staying in BK from now on! Thanks, Tillary!!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Our friendly staff enjoyed hosting you at The Tillary Hotel. We're thrilled our clean, spacious rooms offered you everything you needed for a pleasant Easter Weekend visit. Thank you for recognizing our efforts in providing our guests a friendly experience. It's great we were able to accommodate your early check-in. We do apologize for any inconvenience with the shower door and showerhead. We will this feedback on to our maintenance team. We are thrilled to be your go-to hotel for all of your future visits. We can't wait to welcome you back! See you soon.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Clean room, comfortable bed. Quiet even though hotel located at a VERY busy intersection. The staff was wonderful (helpful, friendly). I often travel alone and felt safe at The Tillary (access to upper floors is in sight of the registration desk. I will definitely stay there again.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
FrontDesk_GM, General Manager at The Tillary Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Lena,
We're honored you chose to stay with us and thank you for the lovely review. It's great to hear that you slept well in our comfortable beds and that you felt safe throughout your visit. Please come stay at The Tillary Hotel again soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Great place to stay, very clean and I highly recommend getting the Jr. Suite, very spacious and super clean. The bed was very comfortable and quiet at night. The staff was very friendly, the bar and coffee shop also very nice.

Room Tip: Get the Jr. Suite, nice and spacious and the one we had, had a great view.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
FrontDesk_GM, General Manager at The Tillary Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Michelle,
Our friendly staff enjoyed hosting you at The Tillary Hotel. We're thrilled our clean, spacious rooms offered you the ideal place to rest and that our friendly staff was able to provide you everything you needed for a pleasant visit. Please come see us again soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The hotel and the room were very nice. The views were wonderful and there was a nice snack basket in the room! The room was quite chilly and it didn't seem like the thermostat was working. Also, there happened to be a party there the night we stayed and around 3:00 AM, there was a lot of noise in the hall. I would stay again and hope there wasn't a party that night!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank jodil224

Dear Jodi,
We're so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and that the amazing views added to your experience. Thank you also for sharing how much you appreciated the snack basket. We're sorry for any difficulty getting your room warm enough as well as for any noise disturbance. Our staff is always happy to help with these types of issues. Should you be in the area again, we'd be proud to host you.