“Authentic, delicious Ethiopian experience”
Review of Bunna Cafe

Bunna Cafe
Ranked #346 of 5,844 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Cuisines: Ethiopian
Reviewed 30 October 2016

My family members are all die-hard Ethiopian foodies. I am not so much, but I get dragged. Our visit to Bunna made me a believer. Spicy, delicious food with lots of greens and legumes of every imaginable color made this a feast to remember.
This Brooklyn side street place is one to come and then come back to.

Reviewed 13 October 2016

on the last night of our stay our brooklyn friends took us to this place, never eaten ethiopian we had a feast for 2, being a meat eater i wasnt to sure until the food came out and got stuck in. The flavours were amazing!

Reviewed 21 August 2016 via mobile

Five people in our party. We were greeted by an owner who was very nice and welcomed us into the cafe. This was my first visit.

We ordered a feast for four, and a meal. I was pleasantly surprised at the depth of flavors in this vegetarian meal. The bill was $77.

I had a honey wine which complemented the feast perfectly, and a complimentary coffee.

We will definitely be back.

Reviewed 8 May 2016

Best vegetarian meal I have had in a while--Great mixed drinks too. You will not be disappointed making the trek out to Bushwick. I had the feast for two with a thyme/ginger tea and came out totally satisfied. A vegan place you can take your meat eating friends too without fear.

Reviewed 11 April 2016

Hearing good reviews, we decided to try our first Ethiopian food in NYC. We had the Feast for two composed of a variety of vegetables, curries and local crepes. Unfortunately, nothing was spectacular. The best part was the potatoes and mushrooms but overall the flavor and experience was flat. We could barely enjoy our bottle of wine while the place was abruptly shutting down for the night.