“Not the best ”

Buka
Ranked #2,429 of 5,844 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Cuisines: African
Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

Loved the goat pepper soup. However, my white rice and sauce (stew) was cold. The rice even tasted like left over rice.

Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

I hope someone is blessed by this honest review today. I WOULD NOT COMPLAIN about my food if it was ACTUALLY good, coming from a professional foodie who works for a well known food company. If you ENJOY waiting 2 HOURS for watered down and extremely soft white rice with 1 shrimp ("fried" rice) and tomatoes + extremely soft white rice ("jollof" rice), two pieces of COLD goat meat ($12 for 2 PIECES OF COLD MEAT btw). On top of that, the manager wanted to call 911 because we took our honesty to him and told him we were dissatisfied with the service and the food. He was that pressed. Like c'mon, as a Nigerian I know a thing or a thousand things about PROFESSIONALISM. C'mon. This manager said because the food is Nigerian, it MUST take over 2 hours from being ordered to arrive to the table. Long story short, DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT order fried rice orJoll of rice from Bu-Kini. To the other great reviews below, I'm happy y'all had an awesome experience. I will never support this business again. All the best.

Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

Very authentic feel as if we were in Lagos. Great music and decor. The food was delicious. The suya was made with lamb and was very close to the Suya I had in Kano.

Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

I had never tried Nigerian food until Buka. The rice was excellent, but my chicken had no meat on it. The service is also very slow. It takes 10 minutes for them to bring you more water, and they bring out different parts of your meal at different times. Overall, this place had good flavor but needs improvement.

Reviewed 27 February 2017

I have eaten Nigerian food in and out of Nigeria and after reading the reviews I decided to try this restaurant to satisfy my craving for Naija food. i ordered take out - beef suya, goat pepper soup, grilled fish, fish in 'red sauce' bitter leaf soup etc.

The pounded yam was excellent and the bitter leaf just average. Both fish dishes lacked flavour. The fish described as being in a red sauce (which I am familiar with) had no red sauce but was in tasteless ochra liquid. The jollof rice did not taste fresh.I was really disappointed.