“A gem of a place”
Review of The Condor Hotel

The Condor Hotel
Ranked #23 of 73 Hotels in Brooklyn
Reviewed 2 April 2012

I was with a group of friends from Scotland and was told by a number of people before I left that this was not the most convenient area to stay to see the sights of NY. Well all I can say is that I would put up with any inconvenience if it meant staying in a great hotel like the Condor. It did not matter who was on duty everybody was so helpful and friendly. The rooms were excellent and the beds very comfortable. I believe that it is rated as the third best hotel in the Brooklyn area but I am sure that if it keeps up this excellent customer service it will be the top hotel before much longer !

Room Tip: Not sure I can give advice on this as the three rooms that we occupied on the second floor were equa...
1  Thank morag g
Mordy S, General Manager at The Condor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2012

Thank you Morag for taking the time to write. Thanks in part to you we are now rated the top hotel in Brooklyn! We are glad you had an excellent stay and hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 29 March 2012

The hotel is tucked away on Franklin in Williamsburg. You can get around easily if you walk or take a cab to the subway. Great rooms with balconies, great staff. A very nice experience at a very reasonable price!

Room Tip: Corner rooms are nice!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank george b
Mordy S, General Manager at The Condor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2012

Thank you George for your review. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Brooklyn.

Reviewed 28 March 2012

I was with the girls from Ireland on the previous review and wanted to add my experience as well, I got there after the red eye and arrived at 9:30 am, Mr. Weiss (owner,which I didnt know at the time) told me to go have a nice breakfast downstairs and my room would be ready when I came back up when I came up, which it was. So, began the hospitality of this hotel!!! the staff are wonderful, Mordy the manager, could not do enough, even finding us a nail salon we could walk to . Andrew at night gave us tips, maps, laughs, bottle openers and did everything he could to make sure we were happy. Kayla, an absolute sweetheart, so good to all of us!! Hated to leave her behind but no room in any suitcase to bring her. Adam also so good to us, telling us best way to get here there and everywhere, what bus route, you name it, Andrew, kayla, Adam and Mordy thanks so much you are a credit to the hotel, also John, but we did not see him alot. The hotel was very comfy, beds great, and like my friend said no street noise. Breakfast were great and kept us going. The down side was the location tourist attractions. We had a great reunion and would definitely return, when credit card is paid off sometime in the next decade. Thanks again wonderful staff at Condor!!!

Room Tip: first floor very handy but rooms not as bright as upper floors. the A/C was noisy when coming on, i...
3  Thank irishbernie

Thank you irishbernie for taking the time to write. As I wrote in my response to the other review, you guys were such a fun group to have! We hope you guys do make it back to us soon.

Reviewed 27 March 2012

Stayed for a weekend in March 2012 while visiting some friends. Clean lobby with trendy-looking decor. Wonderful front desk staff - very friendly and extremely helpful with directions for navigating our way to Manhattan in the subway. The room was very spacious with a king-size bed, plush pillows and fluffy (clean) duvet. The bathroom was clean and comfortable. The room had a small refrigerator, coffee maker, sink, and cabinetry with a pair of wine glasses.

I felt safe in the area when walking to and from the subway station about 8 blocks away. Morning continental breakfast was well-stocked and included cereal, fruit, bagels, and coffee/tea/milk and juices.

Overall, I was impressed and very comfortable. The hotel surpassed my expectations for the price.

1  Thank Kawasakick

Thank you Kawasakick for taking the time to write. We are very glad we could exceed the expectations of a Senior Reviewer and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 25 March 2012

I stayed here last week with my friends for Ireland and my special friend from San Francisco. This hotel is tucked away in the suburbs of Brooklyn in Franklin Ave and is only a 15 minute ride from the beginning of the Manhatten experience. The reception staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful and nothing was any bother to them. The thing I most liked was the fact that after a long day shopping or site seeing you could sleep soundly as there were no traffic sounds in comparison to Manhatten

1  Thank jackmc1
Mordy S, General Manager at The Condor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write. You guys were such a fun group to have! We are proud of our staff and we're glad they could help make your New York experience a perfect one.