“very clean, upscale rooms, friendly staff” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sheraton Brooklyn New York Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Sheraton Brooklyn New York Hotel
Ranked #25 of 70 Hotels in Brooklyn
Charlotte, North Carolina
“very clean, upscale rooms, friendly staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2012

This hotel is very nice for a chain--we were accompanying our class to a UN conference at the nearby Marriott Hotel, a short walk away. Hotel staff were helpful. No problems except for the elevator waits, which were justified considering the number of guests at the hotel. Suite level rooms (with fridge and bar sink) allowed us access to the club lounge and included free wi-fi, breakfast, soft drinks and Starbucks coffee.

Room Tip: Suites allow access to club level--breakfast, soft drinks and afternoon snacks along with free PC/pr...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank 95WorldTraveler
MarieKupfer, General Manager at Sheraton Brooklyn New York Hotel, responded to this review, 5 May 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words about the Sheraton Brooklyn hotel
I trust the students all had a wonderful time attending MMUN I must say every child was so well behaved. With close to 400 children in the hotel, we had not one complaint. Everyone was so well behaved and polite. Certainly this is due to excellent parenting and educator guidance. Keep up the great work and we will see you next year.

Regards
Marie Kupfer
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
  • Polish first
Malvern, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2012

NYC hotels are, in my too-extensive experience, disappointing. There's a constant supply of customers, so no-one has to try too hard.

Maybe that's just Manhattan. This is different. OK, it's a big-chain hotel, but it's clean, the rooms look newly furnished, everything works, the wi-fi is decently fast. The breakfast was excellent. Even the room-service pizza was fine. Service was nicely judged as well; the front desk always greeted me when I came in, they remembered my name (or weren't obvious about checking it!) and were helpful with advice.

Location: just off Fulton Street (mostly-pedestrianised shopping street with the Brooklyn Macy's nearby). 2 and 3 subway lines right across the street, several other lines within a few minutes walk. Less than 5 minutes from the original Junior's for cheesecake. As other reviewers have said, bit tricky to find in a car due to the one-way system.

For some reason, the idea of staying outside Manhattan scares some people. Downtown Brooklyn can look a bit scruffy in parts (although this is visibly and rapidly changing) but it's a fascinating and varied place where it's much easier to feel part of New York than the anonymous feel you sometimes get in Manhattan. And if you do need to get to Manhattan, the subway is literally right across the street from the hotel, so you're less than 10 minutes from downtown.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MarieKupfer, General Manager at Sheraton Brooklyn New York Hotel, responded to this review, 29 April 2012
Thank you so much for all your kind words regarding the Sheraton Brooklyn. You make a great point about guests perceiving Brooklyn is a huge distance from NYC. Truth be told we are less than a mile away.

Ill be certain to pass your review along to our staff. I look forward to being your host in the near future.

coral springs
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2012

My cell phone was stolen on our last night in the restaurant downstairs by a staff member. We were one of two last tables of the night and when we finished we went up to our rooms. I realized I didn't have my phone and my husband went downstairs to ask the three employees that remained at the restaurant who denied seeing my phone. The locator on my husband's phone showed it at a nearby apartment building after they all went home. We were looking at our vacation pictures on my phone while having dinner at the restaurant. Our family reserved three rooms there for six days- that should've been enough for them. No one followed up on location of phone, not even police, after we made a report the following morning. Would've uploaded photos, but, they were all stolen- on my phone:(

Room Tip: No drawers to put clothes in. Modern brown look in bathrooms to hide mold. Very scary employees...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
MarieKupfer, General Manager at Sheraton Brooklyn New York Hotel, responded to this review, 1 May 2012
I am so sorry you were not able to retrieve the photos of your trip to Brooklyn. There is much to see. Losing a phone is a very stressful experience and I truly understand your frustration.

Thank you for the follow up and for the time you spent with me while at the hotel. The moment we were notified the cell phone may have been left behind in our restaurant, I immediately began an investigation. As you can imagine, many guests misplace items and or leave items behind at every hotel or restaurant and banquet facility. I know you are aware we were diligent in our efforts to retrieve your missing phone the moment we learned it was missing. I spoke with your husband on three separate occasions and spoke to the local authorities after you called them to file a report.

Please feel free to contact my office if you have any further questions regarding this matter.

Regards
Chicago, Ill
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2012

Stay there quite often and from the warm welcome I always receive from the front desk staff to the clean rooms I will definiteley keep coming back! Thank You!

• Stayed April 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MarieKupfer, General Manager at Sheraton Brooklyn New York Hotel, responded to this review, 28 April 2012
Music to my ears. Thank you so much for your kind words.

Be sure to stop by and say hello on your next visit.

Safe travels.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2012

I stayed here with my husband for one night while attending a wedding in Brooklyn. The hotel room was small (which we expected, as it was NY) but very clean and nicely appointed. The bed was VERY comfortable - probably one of the most comfortable I've experienced at a hotel. The front desk staff was very courteous and helpful - at any given time there were at least two people behind the desk, so there was never a back-up or line when we needed to speak to someone. We received a warm welcome from Angie at check in, and all the staff we came in contact with were very professional. Matthew in particular went above and beyond when we asked for a restaurant recommendation for dinner. He not only suggested a couple of places, but went ahead and made a reservation for us, printed out a map showing how to get there, and made recommendations for what to order. As he promised, the restaurant was absolutely wonderful (The Blue Water Grill) - which was very important to us, since we were celebrating several special occasions and only had one night to spend with family; so we wanted it to be special. At dessert, we were surprised with glasses of champagne that had been sent to our table from Matthew at the Sheraton. This really made our evening! Unfortunately, we had to leave early the next morning, so never got a chance to thank him. We will definately be staying at this hotel the next time we come to NY, and will highly recommend it to all of our friends. The hotel itself was excellent, and the hotel staff made the stay extraordinary.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank BuddyBudsMom
Thank you so much for mentioning Angie and Matt as helping make your trip to the Sheraton Brooklyn truly memorable. Also mentioning our Sweet Sleeper Mattress which Sheraton is known around the world for. I wil be certain I personally thank Matt and Angie on your behalf as well as recognize them at our monthly associate rally.

We look forward to being your host in the near future.

Regards,