“Great value for New York City” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Inn Brooklyn

Ranked #35 of 69 Hotels in Brooklyn
Honolulu
“Great value for New York City”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2011

I grew up in Brooklyn and came back for a visit. Manhattan hotel prices were really outrageous so I decided to stay in Brooklyn, saving me major cash. We stayed for a week. The best reason to stay here is that it's a very good value and it is literally two blocks from the 36th street train station. You can catch express and local trains which was very convenient. About 15-20 minutes and you're in Manhattan.

The hotel is new-ish and very clean but nothing fancy in terms of amenities. We asked and were given a non-smoking room but the floor (2nd) hallways reeked of smoke. Hey, as long as it's not in my room, it is fine. The bed was surprisingly very comfortable! The rooms and bathroom are small but workable. There's a little closet, nice t.v., iron, hair dryer, fridge. The breakfast was a nice option; we only ate breakfast once and it was satisfactory (waffles, toast, cereal, coffee, yogurt, etc).

There are some concerns about the neighborhood from the other reviewers but I did not find it a problem as long as you keep your wits about you, i.e., common sense. We usually went back to the hotel at about 10-11pm and it was fine. Beats paying double and getting bed bugs in Manhattan!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank igetfuzzy
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Greek first
Newcastle
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2011

My family and I found this hotel excellent value for our five night stay.
It is only a five minute walk to the subway which has good connections to all parts of Manhattan and beyond. Take the D line to Upper Manhattan and R line to lower Manhattan and the ferries to statue of liberty or Staten Island.
The room was a bit small but clean and comfortable. Breakfast was free and had a good variety.
The only down side is the lack of any restaurants that look safe to eat at so plan to eat out at at one of the many excellent eateries elsewhere before returning.

Room Tip: Suggest away from the front and main traffic noise might be quieter.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
South Australia, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2011

Very good value for money. Don,t be put off by comments about the less salubrious location. We stayed for 8 nights and always felt very safe. A short walk to 35th Street offered many more choices for eating and supermarket shopping. The conveniece of the subway just round the corner was great. 36th Station is a express stop so travel to Manhattan was quite quick. Don't miss a walk in nearby Greenwood Cemetery. The hotel itself was clean, quiet and very comfortable. We had a back room and quite enjoyed the view. Windows could be opened to let in the fresh air. Breakfast was plentiful and was more than the continental advertised. The breakfast room can be very crowded but you could take your food back to your room if you wished.

Room Tip: Ask for a back room, better view and probably quieter. Ours was very quiet.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank jeanetteken
toronto
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2011

I am a television producer who works for Discovery Channel. On Tuesday night, September 27th, 2011, myself and my two man crewed checked into this place. As soon as we drove up in our van, the man at the desk (Sunny) came out and rudely told us to move our vehicle. We checked in and immediately found all of our rooms smelled funny.

The rooms are tiny. In the morning, I discovered that our cameraman had found a bed bug in his bed and slept the night in our van. We told the staff we were leaving and checking out to go to another hotel. They immediately said we were booked for three nights and because our company had booked through an on-line service, our money would not be reimbursed. We left anyway. I eventually discovered that I had left my cellphone charger in my room. When I called the next morning and spoke to Sunny, he had no record I had even been there. No charger had been found and he said he would call me if it was found. I received no call so on the Thursday night we stopped by the hotel to see if they had found it. There the man at the desk was very very rude. He was on the phone talking to a friend and could barely summon the energy to deal with me. He told me to come back in the morning. I told him I wanted to go look in the room to see if my charger was there. He refused. I asked to speak to the manager, and he refused again. We began a loud shouting match. He told me that I had left it too long to come back for my charger. Finally, because I caused such a ruckus and refused to leave, he told me to sit down and he would let me see the room once he had dealt with another customer. We checked out the room, did not find the charger. And we continued to argue. He was awful. The worst hotel staff I have ever encountered. Both he and Sunny were surly and unpleasant.

Stay away from this hotel like the plague.

Room Tip: stay away from this place
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Bruce L

Travellers are raving about these Brooklyn hotels

Madrid, Spain
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2011

We stayed here 4 nights for business purpose (originally we booked 5 nights but we left 1 day earlier coz this hotel is really bad!!). This hotel is far away from the city, near the industry area. The room is small, one of the room our staffs stayed was at the basement (open the window can see the carpark). The staff is impolite coz our staff called to my room but she didn't know my room number. The staff said he was very busy and blame my staff hasn't my room number!! Also, the most terrible thing is the towel is very dirty.

We never stay this hotel again!!!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank sun L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brooklyn
0.1 km away
Comfort Inn Sunset Park / Park Slope
Comfort Inn Sunset Park / Park S...
#391 of 463 in New York City
Sleep Inn Brooklyn
#44 of 69 in Brooklyn
1.2 km away
Sleep Inn Brooklyn Downtown

Been to Comfort Inn Brooklyn? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK