All reviewsbrooklyn bridgestatue of libertyfiltered waterrooftop bareco friendly hotelroom ipadskyline suitelive plantsrecycled materialslower manhattanreclaimed woodavocado toastin room diningbeautiful hotelnew yorkroom serviceyoga mat
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Like many, I have the pleasure of staying in lovely hotels all across Manhattan. But to date all of my business travel has kept me in the confines of the island. This past trip required time in Brooklyn so I was excited to try a new hotel. 1 Hotel was gorgeous - and made more so by the slow falling snow (albeit a travel issue) and sites of the skyline.

A few things to know:

Free filtered water in the room. Like, unlimited amounts. A life saver. (Legit, it’s an in-the-wall faucet with triple-filtered water. On command.)

Cafe (with espresso and snacks) in the lobby

Restaurant with excellent food and a well-stocked bar in the lobby as well

Also plenty of lounge-y seating areas in the lobby to take a call or catch up on emails (and a living green wall - which is sort of a mild obsession of mine)

The rooms were spacious, super modern and well appointed (toiletries, “essentials” and even comfy socks and robes). The only word of caution: if you opt to share a room, the toilet and shower are both glass lined so completely out in the open. (This is based on a single bed room, perhaps the layout is different in doubles?)

Valet parking available for a decent rate. I just opted for it because I didn’t want to deal with finding a garage in a snow storm.

Definitely recommend!!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
corneliasamara, General Manager at 1 Hotel Brooklyn Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2018

Dear BAMoose,

Thank you for your amazing review of 1 Hotel Brooklyn Bridge. We are truly grateful that you loved our environmentally conscious décor throughout the hotel. Our filtered water system reduces the consumption of plastic bottles which eliminates plastics from our ocean and landfill. Something we can all feel good about! Our double bedroom shower doors are frosted and our suites are more enclosed or we offer shower curtains upon request. We look forward to providing you the same level of service and unique experiences on your next visit.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

The hotels is no doubt stellar from the design to the location to the staff and don't get me started on the food! Oh, the food! The grounds are so incredibly inviting - it's like a personal invitation to come outside. While inside, it feels like the outside has come in to join you and every corner confirms the sense of groundedness and gratitude for being where you are at that exact moment. The beds, the linens, and the towels are appropriately soft and fresh. The nudges to be mindful of the environment are well communicated and the housekeeping staff is simply stellar. I would say that the management staff has created a team atmosphere and as a guest, we reap the benefits of people who like what they do. Can't wait to come back!

Room Tip: Amazing view of NYC, Statue of Liberty or the BK Bridge
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank PatriceW87

Dear Patrice W,

Thank you for your raving review of 1 Hotel Brooklyn Bridge. We are so pleased to know how much you loved your stay with us. We are happy to learn that you loved the eco-friendly details in our design and service throughout the hotel. The best way to someone’s heart is through their stomach and we are glad you enjoyed the food! Once again, thank you for choosing to stay with us, and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

I absolutely loved my stay at the 1 Hotel. The design is inspiring and everywhere you turn there is something beautiful to look at. Lots of reclaimed wood and greenery everywhere plus a gorgeous hotel fragrance. Everything I ate was delicious. Rooms were very nicely appointed and I slept like a baby. I told the front desk twice that I wanted to move in. Highly recommend this hotel if your travels take you to Brooklyn!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
corneliasamara, General Manager at 1 Hotel Brooklyn Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Dear Alex S,

Thank you for your great review of 1 Hotel Brooklyn Bridge. We are happy to know that you had a pleasant time with us. We believe our Keetsa mattress are comfortable because they are made of hemp and infused with green tea. Our wish is to create a serene and comfortable place for you to enjoy your time. We truly thank you for sharing your experience, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 27 March 2018

Modern, hip new hotel in Brooklyn, New York! Stayed 2 nights and 3 days and I can't express enough how amazing this hotel chain is. We've visited the Miami location and were blown away, but the views of the Brooklyn Bridge and NYC skyline left me speechless! The staff from the receptionist Nicole to the concierge were nothing but helpful and accommodating, and always willing to make our stay as comfortable and pleasant! The decor of the rooms is fabulous, mixing modern textures of concrete, metal and refurbished woods! Love love love the 1 hotel! Must stay! 5 star experience!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Imma M

Dear Imma M,

Thank you for your glowing review of 1 Hotel Brooklyn Bridge. It is such a delight to read how much you enjoyed our hotel and the service our 1 team members were able to provide. They care about being genuine, thoughtful and creating a memorable experience for you. We look forward to welcoming you to our newest property that will be opening up in Cabo, Mexico Sanya, China, West Hollywood, CA and Silicon Valley, CA next!

Reviewed 27 March 2018

My wife and I stayed at 1 Hotel Brooklyn Bridge Hotel twice in the last two months. I travel around the world on business and this is one of the best hotels I've ever stayed. From the moment you arrive it is like family. Everyone treats you like family and does everything to make your stay special. The rooms have spectacular views of the river and lower Manhattan. Food from room service, lobby coffee/pastry store and the hotel restaurant was superb. All service is available thru an in-room iPad. The lobby and lounge area were extremely well furnished and comfortable. I work frequently in mid-town Manhattan and it is only a 20 min taxi ride. 1 Hotel Brooklyn Bridge Hotel will be my "go-to" hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view room. It is spectacular.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Dear ralph t,

Thank you for your wonderful review of 1 Hotel Brooklyn Bridge. I appreciate you mentioning the personalized and friendly service you had received from all of our team members. We are truly grateful that you enjoyed the environmentally conscious details in our design, relaxed ambiance in our guestroom, and the unique features. We look forward to having you back for many future stays knowing that each of your returns will be truly exceptional.