“Cute & YUMMY authentic Hawaiian Diner in Fairbanks Alaska”
Review of Aloha BBQ Grill

Aloha BBQ Grill
Ranked #64 of 260 Restaurants in Fairbanks
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 15
Cuisines: Hawaiian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed 5 October 2015

GREAT food! A cute little local diner that took me back to my Honolulu trip this summer (despite the snow on the ground)! WELL known in Fairbanks and just YUMMY!! I had the Meat Jun, thinly sliced teriyaki beef dipped in an egg batter. I also took some SPAM Fried Noodles home to eat the next day (which were GREAT for breakfast!) Creamy macaroni salad, mild but EXCELLENT Kimchee and PERFECTLY cooked steamed rice filled out my meal! My husband had the vegetable fried rice which was VERY tasty! And, of course, the Haupia (one piece per dinner included) was to DIE FOR!!! Highly recommend for an island diner treat on a cold, snowy evening in Alaska (or anytime!)!!

Reviewed 15 August 2015

Loco moco is pretty good. Friendly, family run place. The place could've been transported from the islands, def has that feel. Will go again!

1  Thank Mike J
Reviewed 11 August 2015

I love this place. No matter what you order they start you out with seaweed soup (my favorite), kimchi, and macaroni salad. The food served is Hawaiian plate lunch. I'm a fan of the meat jun and usually order that every time. They serve you a large amount of food, so either come hungry or plan on having leftovers for your next meal. It's a family owned business and they are very friendly.

1  Thank deanshan
Reviewed 10 July 2015

Been frequenting this establishment for years and will continue. I am not an expert on Hawaiian barbecue but just know this place is good. The food is very tasty and we have yet to have a bad meal. It also nice that the proportions are plenty big enough to share. The teriyaki bowls, Kalua as well as chicken Katsu are our staples and never disappoint. Also very solid kimchi.

Reviewed 13 April 2015 via mobile

Just got here and was super excited to know there was hawaiian food.. but This place is not hawaiian at all. I got the katsu and it was horrible my other half got the Lau Lau and it was watery chewy and tasted microwaved. Would not recommend it and will not be going back.