“Great stopover place right off the highway” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fredericksburg South (I-95)

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fredericksburg South (I-95)
Ranked #13 of 42 Hotels in Fredericksburg
new jersey
“Great stopover place right off the highway”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

We stopped here on our drive home from the South. It was a rainy night and we needed a clean place to stay. This place was extremely nice and clean and a great deal for the money. The rooms were big and spacious, the staff friendly and the cookies an added bonus. The breakfast was much nicer than the normal breakfast included with these types of hotels. Along with the make your own waffle maker, was an assortment of toppings including chocolate chips, reeces pieces, strawberries, powdered sugar and whipped cream. There were also omelettes, bacon, and potatoes in addition to the usual cold assortment of danishes, bagels and cereals If you stay in Fredricksburg, this is the place to stay. Was so much less expensive than the Hampton Inn and just as nice if not nicer! If you get the coupon books at the Virginia visitor center, the hotel was only $69.99!!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank wannatravelnow
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2012

We a family of 5 stayed here on our way home from South Carolina. I had made a reservation in advance for two rooms on the first floor. The reason I asked for the first floor is that I was traveling with my parents and my Dad who is an elderly WWII veteran with a handicap. He is too proud to use a wheel chair and walks with difficulty, walking long distances is very difficult. I did not want to take a handicap room away from another guest who truly needed a handicap room, so I just asked for the first floor. I made the reservation through the 800 number who put me on hold and called the hotel directly to make this request. I stated that if I could not get two rooms together of the first floor at least my Dad would have a room, I could go elsewhere. The hotel front desk replied - no problem. When I arrived at the hotel around 5 PM I was told they were waiting for me??? The front desk (both staff and manager) stated they had tried to call me several times during the course of the day to tell me that they could not accomodate my request, but got no answer on my cell phone. I told them that was impossible as my phone was on me the whole day I was driving in from SC? The gentlemen at the desk said "well I am not going to call my staff a liar" but it seems that they had no problem call me a liar! They stated they could not put me on the first floor all the rooms were taken? I stated that I was told that they had at least one room for my parents when I called and they told me that a request is not a guarentee. I get that but we are talking about a handicap person. They told me they would have to put me on the 2nd floor, I asked if the room would be near the elevator figuring that again, not that much walking for my Dad, the manager said "oh yes only 2 -3 doors away" with that said I agreed. Well we reached the 2nd floor only to find out that the room they had put my parents in was all the way down the hall !!!!!! No where near the elevator as stated by the MANAGER. At this point having to watch my Dad struggle to walk down the hall to their room, my Mom was so upset that she went down to the front desk to complain. I unloaded there bags into the room. When my Mom went to the front desk she stated that room was not close to the elevator it was down the hall, words were exchanged and the front desk staff told my Mom that a cancelation had just came up for the first floor, REALLY???? how can that be if request are not guarentees??? who were they holding that room for??? at this point my Mom stated that she could not have my Dad walk now down to another room. They also checked in two other gentleman to the first floor at this time, when hearing that my Mom became even more upset especially since we were told that request are not guarentees.... The front desk staff told my Mom she was being rude.....she was upset. She said that she wanted to file a complaint and he said to "go right ahead"

Sorry to go on and on....but they way the front desk handled this situation was totally inappropriate, calling me a liar for saying I did not recieve the call, not honoring a disabled person request and then when the manager was approached all he could was apologize. Saying they had all of a sudden had a cancellation and checking in others to first floor rooms.....just not right.

It is truly ashame as this was a nice hotel, a bit pricey but the rooms are spacious and comfortable. It is just horrible that the front desk staff are not trained in how to deal with people and situations.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Tequilaup
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2012

We were "walked" to this hotel due to an overbooking. Arriving after midnight, we weren't sure what to expect, since we are loyal Marriott customers. We were very impressed! The front staff was extremely friendly and professional. He (unfortunately, I can't remember his name) offered us bottled water and cookies. The room was large, clean, comfortable and fresh smelling. The breakfast area was well stocked, with eggs, sausage, corned beef hash, and self-serve waffles. Upon check out, we were offered cookies to go. This is a top notch property and well managed. We will definitely choose Country Inn and Suites in the future.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2012

Stayed at this hotel for 2 night and the air was broke both nights the front desk offered a fan and said that all the hotel was forced to stay around the same temperature. This temperature was in the high 70's . The rooms where really nice and the beds where really comfortable. The best part of the hotel was the breakfast it's was amazing. If the air would have worked this would have been a great hotel.

• Stayed March 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Manassas, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2012

We stayed in the Country inn and Suites and loved it! The staff was so friendly and extremely helpful. The complimentary breakfast was awesome! I mean where else can you get corned beef hash first thing in the morning?! We will definitely stay there again:)

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple